|Job Ref:||CA_34363||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Ealing||Address:||Post Code:||UB6||Post Date:||21/10/2016 01:06|
Purpose of Role
To assist in the provision of a high quality, customer-focused and effective library service.
• To meet customer needs by providing the highest quality customer service.
• To communicate courteously effectively with all customers, using discretion and initiative, whether in person, by phone, or in writing, seeking innovating ways to meet their needs.
• To undertake routines associated with the day-to-day provision of Library services, assisting customers with selfservice including the issue, renewal and return of library materials, reservations, handling charges due, and the handling of cash, shelving and shelf tidying.
• To participate in the day-to-day provision of a first level enquiry service, answering enquiries using a range of resources, referring them to senior staff or liaising with staff in other teams as appropriate.
• To deliver children’s activities such as story time and rhyme time.
• To deliver and support other library events including setting up and preparations of spaces for events.
• To participate in community outreach activities
• To assist customers using the Library’s IT resources and other library equipment and ‘troubleshoot’ IT.
• To assist with the upkeep of the computer database, maintaining borrower and material records.
• To promote the benefits of library membership to all members of the community and ensuring the joining procedures are carried out in a straightforward and encouraging manner.
• To participate in the organisation and delivery of community engagement events and activities as well as in preparing and mounting displays to promote stock and services as directed.
• To assist with resource management, ensuring that the library’s stock is in good condition, neat and tidy, and that new additions are promoted and made available to the public without delay.
• To complete actions associated with stock performance such as Collection HQ.
• To calculate relevant charges, fees etc and to handle cash or cheques from the public in payment of fines, charges and other monies, and to ensure that all money is properly accounted for.
• To contribute to achieving service-wide initiatives and objectives.
• To assist in the training of new staff, workplace students and volunteers.
• To open and close the library building with accompanying responsibility for keys, alarms and CCTV and undertake related tasks as required.
• To undertake any other broadly analogous duties as required.
Additional Role Information
Post holder will be required to work in any Ealing library.
Core hours are between 8am to 8pm Monday to Sunday.
Regular weekend working will be required.
You will have a home borough but, may be required to work in any Carillion library.