|Job Ref:||1614242||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||United States||County/State:||California||City:||Santa Fe Springs||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 22:12|
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. |
Fire Sprinkler/Construction Project Manager - SimplexGrinnell
About the role:
• Primary customer contact for total job responsibility to execute contract within contract obligations.
• Participate in proposal activities by assisting with such activities as time and cost estimating, installation requirements, review/development of the Scope of Work and Sequence of Operation, and specification and contract review, including identification of risk and strategy.
• Assist in the selection of the necessary subcontractors or employees required ensuring a professional, ethical, and profitable installation which meets contracted and applicable code requirements.
• Develop and maintain project documentation using Primavera Expedition, including correspondence sent/ received, meeting minutes, daily reports, submittals, requests and changes, contracts, requisitions, and issues.
• Maintain a set of report and working drawings where applicable, consulting with local building codes and AHJ’s.
• Interface with the customer to produce a viable work schedule, ensure the workforce is managed to meet that schedule by developing man- loading requirements for both Installation and SimplexGrinnell Service.
Rewards and benefits:
We’ll expect a lot from you, but we’ll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we’ll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you’ll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Who we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical, business or equivalent field Preferred.
• Five plus years fire protection, construction, sprinkler design or related project management experience with a PMP certification a plus.
• Ability to read and understand complex building architectural, mechanical and electrical documents.
• Ability to multi-task, run multiple projects and the experience to prioritize among assignments with a strong adherence to deadlines.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, both with internal and external customers.
• Possess a strong and active working knowledge of MS Office and MS Project with experience in budget management.
• Knowledge of NFPA and IEC standards, Underwriter’s requirements and applicable building codes preferred.
• NICET Level II or higher a plus.