|Job Ref:||017803||Employer:||Hitachi||Country:||Poland||City:||Kraków||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 00:07|
Position: Due Diligent Research Associate/Manager, Legal and Compliance |
• Reporting to the Manager of Ethics and Business Conduct, the candidate will assist in HDS vendor due diligent searching. Based in Cracow, this position will liaise with internal and external stakeholders to drive improvements to crucial aspects of HDS' overall compliance program.
• This primarily involves undertaking open source and database research for ethics, litigation, due diligence, background check, and risk assessments;
• Must be able to perform database searches of key individual and company names across multiple databases, analyze the results and then send appropriate follow-up requests;
• Occasionally contact with third party advisers /distributors. Conduct due diligence on third party international marketing representatives /distributors & others;
• Produce high quality and accurate written work with the ability to understand and summarize large amounts of information from diverse sources;
• Responsible for understanding FCPA concepts and request appropriate follow-up on relevant issues and evaluation of the information obtained to ensure it meets HDS requirements;
• Evaluate information provided by other teams;
• Perform follow-up calls and/or face-to-face interviews with target respondents with regard to questionnaires;
• Occasionally called on to use their due diligence skills to assist with other projects;
• Those with language skills may provide translations in support of projects, review HDS materials prepared in other languages and assist with files requiring their language skills;
Maintain accurate records of diligence, including regular updates to SharePoint site.
In addition to significant background in the areas above the successful candidate should possess the following:
• 2 Years of experience in related field. Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree or equivalent Preferred. Prior experience as part of a legal team or legal/paralegal training a plus.
• Have an understanding of corporate ownership structures, and worked for due diligent research function preferred.
• Experience of using Lexis and other databases is preferred. Hands-on experience in development of database is an added advantage.
• Superior project management and organization skills with a high level of attention to detail.
• Preferred candidates are multi-lingual, HDS is particularly interested in candidates proficient in French, Spanish, Russian, Mandarin, Korean, Portuguese, or Arabic.
• Ability to follow complex processes with precision and attention to detail.