Primary Purpose of the Job: |
- To participate in the implementation of industrial hygiene program for Dukhan and assist the Industrial Hygienist on all matters relating to industrial hygiene.
- To carry out industrial hygiene programs and activities to recognize, eliminate, evaluate and control occupational health hazards or environmental factors or stresses arising in or from the workplace or facility that may cause sickness, impaired health or well-being, or significant discomfort and inefficiency.
Experience & Skills:
- Diploma in Environmental, Occupational Health, Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, or related field.
- With formal training in Occupational Health I Industrial Hygiene I Food Hygiene.
- At least 8 years of experience conducting industrial hygiene jobs preferably in oil & gas or petrochemical industry.
- Knowledge of chemistry or biochemistry and chemical reactions.
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions related to using chemicals and to performing tests on potential hazardous substances.
- Ability to understand chemicals Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs).
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment and instruments, and of their safe and effective use.
- Ability to write routine reports and use basic software such as MS Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform field inspections or samplings.
- Ability to work effectively with others and to be flexible in work assignments.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Good data interpretation and compilation skills.
Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.