|Job Ref:||38127||Employer:||Goodrich||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wolverhampton||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:05|
Typical Roles/Area of Focus:|
Incumbent's responsibilities will generally focus on the following:
• Implement business sourcing strategies as directed by the Senior Buyer
• Alignment with commodity managers, supplier development and value stream to ensure business measures are achieved
• Manage supplier relationships to achieve key project milestones.
• Work with suppliers and facilitate improvement in Quality, Cost and Delivery (QCD) performance by driving the implementation of supplier generated improvement plans.
• Purchase Order, Purchase Order Schedule and Purchase Price Variance management
• Support Commodity Management Request for Quotation (RFQ) and supplier selection process
• Negotiate with and manage cost for Tactical suppliers in support of Commodity strategy and business financial performance/targets
• Resolve and mange supplier payment and invoice issues
• Facilitate stakeholder reviews and action outcomes.
• Work with New Product Introduction (NPI) teams and engineering to ensure that new requirements and amendments are quickly identified and that supply solutions are in place to meet project timescales.
• BOM configuration and control
• MRP management, setting up and controlling the MRP in line with program and business requirements
• Work proactively to mitigate or minimise supply chain risks.
• Escalation management
• Investigate alternate sources of supply and bench mark current supply chain.
• Support change and transfer programmes
• Supplier Production Rate Readiness (PRR) and Capacity assessment
Level of Responsibility:
• Understanding of business processes with a high degree of commercial acumen.
• Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally.
• Action focused, driven to deliver concrete and sustainable results.
• Candidates must be able to demonstrate a track record of delivering KPI improvement in an aerospace environment, working either independently or as part of a multifunctional team
• Engineering knowledge/exposure is a plus
• 3 years procurement experience in Aerospace / Automotive or Electrical industries
• Experience of utilizing lean CI techniques.
Typical Educational Requirements:
• CIPs qualification and 2:1 or greater degree classification in business or engineering
All Employees Shall:
• Comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S rules and requirements
• Report to supervision conditions or practices that are either unsafe or that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards
• Attend scheduled EH&S training program
• Actively support the organization's efforts to meet or exceed EH&S goals and plans
• Recommend improved EH&S practices
The incumbent is responsible for complying with UTC's "Code of Ethics," the "Policy Statement on Business Ethics and Conduct in Contracting with the U.S. Government," and related policies. In executing his/her responsibilities, incumbent shall take all steps necessary to foster open communications and to support UTC's compliance, business practices, DIALOG, and Ombudsman programs.
This Job Description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion. Nothing in this position description changes or is intended to change the employment at-will relationship with the Company or the terms of any collective bargaining agreement. Employment at-will means that an employee or the Company may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason or no reason at all, with or without notice.