About Us : |
KBR , Inc. is a global technology, engineering, procurement and construction company serving the hydrocarbons and government services industries, employing about 27,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 70 countries and operations in 40 countries across three distinct global businesses:
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added consulting services and integrated EPC skills to ensure a consistent project delivery with predictable results. At KBR,
- Technology & Consulting, including proprietary technology in refining, ethylene, ammonia and fertilizers, and gasification; and niche consulting and know-how through Granherne/Energo and GVA;
- Engineering & Construction, including Upstream Oil & Gas; LNG/GTL; Downstream Petrochemicals and Chemicals; and differentiated EPC; and,
- Government Services, including program management and long term annuity contracts.
W E D ELIVER
About the Project
One of KBR's current projects is Project Management Consultant for a prestigious residential development in Abu Dhabi. This is a large scheme with over a thousand villas, and the full scope involves all the infrastructure, utilities, marine works and landscaping to support what will be a vibrant, modern community. Other buildings under construction include a school, mosque together with retail and leisure facilities. The project has been designed to meet the Estidama 2 Pearl Rating.
About the Role :
Job Title: Subcontracts Administrator
Location: Yas Island, Abu Dhabi
Job Description: Reporting to the Contracts Manager performs contract administration activities such as review and processing of monthly pay estimates and variations. Review design and construction claims and submit recommendations for negotiations or response.
Role Responsibilities :
- Prepare Expression of Interests and Tender documentation
- Facilitates & Document the Tender Process up to negotiations and contract signings
- Conducts commercial analysis of Tender documents and Clarifications
- Prepare and manage all aspects of developing contract documents with PDT, design consultant and cost consultant
- Responsible for contract administration of all design and construction contracts
- Responsible for evaluating and processing of monthly payment certificates of the consultants and contractors
- Responsible for evaluating and compiling Variation Orders and conversion of EI's to VO's
- Responsible for compiling award recommendations to support contract award and VO approvals
- Facilitates negotiation meetings with Contractors/Consultants
- Assist the Contracts Manager in developing Particular Contract Conditions or Amendments
- Advise, review & oversee RFP's & Contracts produced by others (PMC's/Contractors)
- Assist in reviewing and responding of design and construction claims
- Ensure all warranties, performance bonds and insurances are in accordance with the contract and client requirements
- Facilitates the design & supervision consultants, contractors and cost consultants in meeting project close out contractual requirements.
Skills & Experience
- Sound knowledge of the contract administrative and procurement aspects of major civil and infrastructure projects
- 5 years post graduate experience
- Experienced user of MS Office and other Project Management Software
- Experience in international contracting mechanisms e.g. FIDIC
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Spoken Arabic is advantageous
About how we can Benefit you:
- Undergraduate degree or membership of a relevant recognized international Professional Body e.g. MRICS
Working in a corporate role or on one of our projects, you will apply your knowledge and expertise to deliver excellent results to our clients. We encourage a transparent and friendly working environment where you can see the value of your contributions and grow through career development opportunities both locally and on our global projects.
You will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package including employee benefits and a career that is both financially and personally rewarding.