|Job Ref:||1613370||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||United States||County/State:||Pennsylvania||City:||Mechanicsburg||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 22:12|
Tyco SimplexGrinnell is a global leader in life safety and property protection. We serve over one million customers in the United States, providing a comprehensive array of fire alarm, fire sprinkler, fire suppression, integrated security, sound and communications, and nurse call systems and services. We deliver our industry-leading solutions in buildings and environments where life safety protection is absolutely vital – from schools, universities and hospitals to commercial properties, industrial buildings, and government facilities. In everything we do, SimplexGrinnell strives to keep people and property safe.|
The primary role of the Electrical Systems Sales Representative is to maintain and grow sales within a defined customer base and geographical territory. Develop sales strategies to meet objectives. Establish contact with prospects and prioritize/qualify potential buyers. Schedule sales calls and follow up on leads, utilizing SimplexGrinnell marketing strategies. Determine customer needs and develop a strategy to gain customer understanding of company product offerings. Price and quote fire alarm systems as well as retrofit work. Close sufficient sales to exceed plan objectives. Conduct seminars, demonstrations, etc. in order to generate leads for prospective customers. Develop financial justifications, prepare proposals, make presentations, and perform necessary follow-up for the successful closing of a sale. Maintain established accounts through regular customer contact in pursuit of follow up sales. Report progress and supply metrics to operations and corporate teams on a weekly and monthly basis. Assume responsibility, including the provision and/or coordination of services (installation, customer training, etc.) to assure complete customer satisfaction. Participate in trade shows, special product demonstrations and other events with the objective of increasing sales and enhancing the company’s image.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or engineering preferred or equivalent work experience.
• Three (3) to Five (5) plus years of successful sales experience in the fire protection or similar industry.
• Highly motivated and success driven.
• Proven ability to persuade and close sales.
• Experience with special hazards and nurse call systems is preferred.
• Ability to quickly identify and qualify opportunities.
• High degree of self-discipline.
• Exceptional presentation skills with demonstrated sales techniques.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to read blueprints, architectural, mechanical and electrical documents.
• Computer experience (Microsoft and Oracle programs preferred.)
• Ability to obtain appropriate licenses required by national, state and local codes.
• Successfully pass a background investigation and drug test.
• Possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Control’s we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.