|Job Ref:||CA_37552||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Oman||Address:||Post Date:||27/10/2016 01:04|
Purpose of Role
To work as part of a team providing effective and efficient engineering maintenance and other hard FM services across the site. Primary responsibility is for technical leadership on mechanical or electrical engineering for the site teams. Additional duties include provision of technical management on all large electrical or mechanical works. PTW duties, On Call, manage subcontractors. Perform root cause analysis for electrical, mechanical or HVAC system issues.
The post holder shall perform PTW duties for which they are suitably experienced, qualified, or trained and appointed.
1. To build and maintain an effective and supportive working relationship with members of the team and colleagues both within Carillion Services and PDO.
2. To work as part of the engineering management team, providing a high quality engineering service as part of an integrated Facilities Management service.
3. To review existing services, specifications, processes and productivity levels, to secure and increase the efficient use of resources for the technicians and subcontractors.
4. Ensure that the Engineering Service is being delivered in full compliance of Health, Safety and Environmental Regulations.
5. Promote a culture of customer service and the meeting of Carillion values.
6. Coordinating training and development of technical skills for staff and technicians.
7. To review and control all Risk Assessments and Method Statements associated with Estates and subcontractors works.
8. Partake in an on-call rota covering the site 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
9. To provide overall on site maintenance of mechanical, electrical, building services and advise on Health and Safety.
10. To manage services within agreed maintenance budgets.
11. To develop, and maintain Quality (ISO 9000) systems for the maintenance department.
12. Take on agreed cross-site services.
13. Provide cover for and deputise for more senior positions.
14. To provide comprehensive maintenance service as detailed within the contract.
15. To take an active role in helping to ensure that reactive and preventative maintenance systems for all buildings, plant, equipment and services within the Hospital are achieved within targets set.
16. To provide assistance with Human Resource issues.
17. To ensure best value for money is sought for all maintenance function under your control.
18. To manage various projects: mechanical, electrical, and building with both in-house staff and contractors.
19. Produce specification for maintenance procedures and individual projects. Updating drawings and records as required.
20. To provide guidance and technical support to the managers, supervisors, maintenance staff and others in relation to their general duties.
21. To be responsible for the provision of all engineering/building spares/equipment and for its secure storage and issue to authorized persons. To ensure that all staff receives adequate stores/equipment to fulfill duties.
22. To undertake personal training and development as required to meet the change in service needs of the department.
23. To act as one of the approved persons for the specialist services within the department.
24. To manage and ensure compliance with Health & Safety requirements within the Estates department.
25. To undertake risk assessments of all activities and areas of work within the site, to include all plant rooms.
26. Required to work in all areas of maintenance activity that are frequently hot, humid, exposed, at heights, uncomfortable and sometimes highly unpleasant and with noxious fumes and body fluids and other waste products and materials.
27. Produce reports and proposals from data to support maintenance decisions.
28. To under take detailed data analysis of maintenance and finance related information for estates.
29. To carry out PDRs for designated staff and to ensure regular PDRs are carried out for all other staff under their charge.
30. Provide technical support and knowledge.
31. To actively promote and support good working practices within the department.
32. To communicate well at senior management level and with contractors.
33. To carry a pager and mobile phone to facilitate immediate response to emergency work.
34. Oversee, inspect and ensure safe working of contractors.
35. Any other such tasks and duties relevant to the post as may be determined in agreement with the Chief Engineer.
Equipment Responsible for equipment and consumables associated with the contract including tools, office infrastructure, monitoring and control equipment, and computer systems including software.
Finance A budget of approximately £ 1M pa
Staff A team of maintenance services personnel including
Skilled tradesmen, managerial and supervisory staff.
Qualifications Educated to Degree level or HND or HNC level in a building services related discipline, or relevant managerial experience in a technical engineering role.
Training Training in an engineering/building related environment preferred but job holder must be able to demonstrate achievement in areas associated with the healthcare environment.
Experience (Desirable) Experience of working in a Middle East environment.
Knowledge of energy conservation and monitoring techniques
LV and HV signatory.
Management of a team, demonstrating experience of team selection and training.
In-depth knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
Understanding of IS014000
(Essential) Experience of working in a customer focused environment.
Management of financial budgets.
Proven experience in managing contractors
Proven experience in procurement processes related to utilities.
Experience in Life cycle modelling planning and replacement projects.
Proven experience with A/C, STP’S and HVAC systems.
Aptitudes Good communication and interpersonal skills
Good written and verbal communication skills
Ability to manipulate and analyse large amounts of data
Willingness and aptitude to acquire new skills
Good negotiation skills
Character A flexible and adaptable approach to working
Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Conscientious and meticulous in approach to work
Must be willing to travel if required, to participate in training activities.
Additional Role Information
Salary = 40-45K per annum tax free
Accommodation allowance = £1,750.00 per month
Relocation allowance = £3,000.00 one off payment
End of service benefit
Flight allowance = 1 flight per year for each eligible family member in Oman
Medical cover for employee and eligible family in Oman