|Job Ref:||WHI00092||Employer:||GHD Pty Ltd||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Whitby||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:02|
GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. |
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 8500 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and NA to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate
GHD provides virtually all the services that those from the private and public sector require to advance a land development or redevelopment project from an initial vision to reality. The majority of this work is channeled through our Land Development offices in Mississauga, Markham and Whitby. Within the Land Development Group, GHD has expertise in the upfront studies, planning, design and contract administration of residential and employment area plan of subdivisions, and of site plans.
Our Whitby office is looking for a Senior Designer to join our growing operation in Canada to assist our Property & Buildings group with the design and delivery of Land Development projects using the latest version of AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
Responsibilities will include:
• Prepare design concept drawings and ideas for discussion and conceptual development.
• Prepare detail design and reports to support those drawings that require a degree of technical design utilising knowledge of relevant design principles
• Prepare calculations for quantities and costing of projects
• Receive and provide training in various phases of office and field work including design, drawings, construction review, site surveys and studies
• Communicate with clients on details
• Recommend improvements and innovations
• Carry out quality checks and procedures
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
• 4 years of experience in CAD design
• Graduation from an accredited institute program in Civil Engineering
• Strong design and computer skills including AutoCAD and Civil3D
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Team player, cooperative with other staff with open sharing of information and knowledge
• Ability to meet challenging deadlines
• Sound judgment and decisiveness
We offer an opportunity to be part of a growing and dynamic employee owned company, a professional working environment with career development potential, flexible hours and a competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience in a privately held, quality driven and client focused company.