|Job Ref:||2016-12263||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Florida||City:||Tampa||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 05:01|
Senior Oil & Gas Pipeline Engineer|
Job ID: 2016-12263
Area of Interest: EN - Energy Services
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelors Degree
Posted Date: 6/14/2016
Experience (Years): 5
SLP: J2WCIVILCONST, J2WMINE, J2WPROJECTS
Golder Associates Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Oil and Gas Pipeline Engineer to work with our team in Tampa, Florida.
Tampa is Golder's east coast center for pipeline engineering and design practices. Qualified individuals must have strong engineering design and permitting experience related to pipeline systems engineering, system integrity, and construction, or experience related to piping in the oil & gas, or mining sectors. The successful candidate will be managing and engineering oil and gas pipeline systems projects that typically include relocation and protection of existing pipelines, routing of proposed pipelines, pipeline stress analysis, pipe sizing, development of permit documents, and trenchless construction design.
* Perform FEED Studies for proposed pipeline systems or modifications and associated facilities
* Provide engineering support to pipeline routing studies
* Prepare detailed engineering design of hazardous liquids, gas, slurry and other pipeline systems projects including design of trenchless crossings(Bore, Microtunnel, HDD)
* Prepare detailed engineering of pipeline facilities including pig launchers, manifolds, relief systems, measurement systems, terminal piping systems, etc.
* Prepare pipeline stress calculations associated with proposed pipeline crossings and horizontal directional drills.
* Participate in field/ site walks coordinate field investigation work for surveys, utility investigations, environmental delineations, geotechnical investigations, cathodic protection, etc. in support of the pipeline design effort.
* Coordinate engineering and survey services in support of right of way acquisition needs on pipeline projects.
* Review third party pipeline encroachments for impacts to the client's pipeline system. Develop scope of work options and budgets to mitigate the encroachment.
* Prepare project funding documents such as cost estimates, equipment bid summaries and authorization requests
* Direct detailed engineering by junior engineering staff and designers
* Provide field project coordination, engineering services and troubleshooting with direct client interface
* Preparation and submission of permit application packages associated with pipeline projects
* Write or oversee technical reports
* Manage mid -size projects and teams up to $25MM in total installed cost.
* Contribute to projects with major focus in leadership of technical excellence or project management for larger or more complex projects
* Prepare proposals in response to client RFP's.
* A minimum of 7 years of project engineering
* A minimum 5 years in the oil and gas pipeline sector with both project engineering and design experience or operating company experience
* BS engineering degree from an accredited academic institution
* PE license preferred, EIT/FE required
* Knowledge of hazardous liquids and gas codes and regulations including 49 CFR Part 192 and 195, ASME B31.4, B31.8 and B31.8S, etc.
* Oil and Gas Pipeline operating company experience is a plus
* Experience with Business Development and Marketing of consulting services within the pipeline industry is a plus
* Understanding of Pipeline Hazardous Materials and Safety Administration
* Project management experience or certifications
* MS Office competent - strong Excel skills preferred
* Microsoft Project or Primavera P6 scheduling experience preferred
* Solid organization and time management abilities
* Strong interpersonal skills combined with a positive, team-oriented attitude
* Excellent Communication skills, both verbal and written
* High level of personal integrity with a strong work ethic
* Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as dictated by project demands
* Pass a pre-employment physical including a drug screening and background check
* Authorization to work in the United States
Our Staff Benefit from:
* An opportunity to purchase shares in Golder Associates
* Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From more than 160 offices worldwide, our over 6500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Golder Associates Statement:
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.