the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
The CRT (Customer Response Team) A&P Technician will operate out of a fixed off-site location to travel to customers' aircraft and perform troubleshooting, repairs, inspection, modification, and services of customers' aircraft, with minimal supervision. Performs and documents all work completed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required. Working conditions include considerable travel and extended assignments within region and frequent face to face contact with customers.
In your role, you will:
- Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements (Factory, Shop and / or Hangar positions)
- Comply with environmental health / safety policies and procedures. Participate in 5-S activities. Perform all assigned tasks in a safe and timely manner
- Troubleshoot, repair, install, inspect and perform maintenance on customer aircraft
- Perform and document work completed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
- Inspect incoming parts and documentation to meet regulatory requirements
- Assist in other maintenance disciplines - Avionics, Structures, Composites, etc.
- Operate ground support equipment as required
- Assist with mechanical / electrical removals and installations
- Return aircraft to service after maintenance at off-site locations
- Act as shipping and receiving agent for parts
- Provide time estimates
- Audit your own location and truck monthly
- Perform other duties as assigned
As our ideal candidate,
- You have an A&P Certificate
- You have minimum of 3 years aircraft maintenance work experience or substantiated equivalent experience
- You have a minimum of 2 years' experience on corporate jet aircraft
- You have a minimum of 1 year Bombardier aircraft model experience
- You have the ability to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings
- You have the ability to effectively and accurately communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status with customers at all levels
- You own a Basic set of hand tools with the ability to demonstrate Inventory & control of tools
- You must be able to work unscheduled overtime including nonscheduled work days and holidays
- You must be able to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside
- You must have the ability to be available for considerable travel with 2 hours' notice, to include extended assignments lasting up to 30 days.
- You have interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with assigned employees, other business areas, contractors, and customers
- You must have a valid drivers' license and be able to maintain insurable status
- You have the ability to work unsupervised and alone
- You have strong troubleshooting skills
- You have the ability to obtain appropriate certification for Ground Support Equipment Qualifications as required
- You possess a valid passport (or can easily obtain one) with the ability to travel internationally
- You have the ability to obtain a Security Identification Display Area badge (SIDA)
- You have the ability to obtain a Bombardier Corporate Credit Card and stay in good standing of guideline requirements
- You have basic PC Skills
- You have previous experience in Customer Relations with emphasis on customer facing interactions
- You have experience with aircraft return to service and inspection procedure
- You have the ability to train other employees
- You have demonstrated leadership skills
- You have strong planning / organization skills
- You have an FCC Certificate, GROL (General Radiotelephone Operator License) or AET (Aircraft Electronics Technician) Certificate
- You have Engine run & Taxi Qualified on Bombardier Aircraft
- You have APU Run qualified on Bombardier Aircraft
- You are Delegated inspector qualified
- You have RII qualification for various operators
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.