|Job Ref:||1615452||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Belfast||Address:||Post Code:||BT7||Post Date:||15/10/2016 22:11|
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.
Our world-leading access control, video and intrusion brands brands - American Dynamics, Bentel, CEM Systems, DSC, Kantech, Software House and Sur-Gard - have more combined years of experience in the security industry than any other group in the world. Our security integration platforms, built by our developers from across all product disciplines allow our customers to see more, do more, and save more.
American Dynamics Business delivers $300M in annual revenue and is based in Belfast, US, China and India with over 400 employees. We maintain a significant Research and Development presence in Belfast with approximately 200 employees. The successful candidate will perform a key technical role within the Architecture Team.
Education & Experience
• At least five years of experience as an architect or senior systems engineer
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and experience is required.
Essential Competencies & Skills
Integrity, Excellence, Accountability, Communication, Innovation, Problem Solving & Analysis, Teamwork
• Expert knowledge of system engineering practices and tools.
• Very strong communication skills including the development of Storyboards, Functional Specifications and PowerPoint presentations.
• Strong behavioral skills including the ability to lead teams, negotiate technical consensus for innovative ideas/architectures and sell ideas to the key stakeholders including potential customers.
• The ability to work with the other architects in developing a global roadmap for the company.
• Strong knowledge of the Linux Operating System.
• Strong knowledge of databases.
• Strong knowledge of networks, sockets, IP stacks and network streaming using UDP.
As a Systems Architect, the successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
• Create a common technical vision for the Security Edge Devices including Video Recorder and Access Control panels/devices, which fulfills customer and profitability requirements.
• Define and control interfaces both physical and software between the various end to end system components.
• Technical quality assurance (before, during and after development). This includes providing the direction for code development quality, performing analyses of the performance of the software within the given hardware platforms, insuring the adequate testing of the product within Quality Assurance and monitoring/troubleshooting performance and defects in the field.
The job will be based in Belfast, Northern Ireland and may involve a degree of travel to other companies within the segment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Although no job description can adequately detail the full scope of duties necessary, the requirements listed above are a representation of the levels of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform these activities.