Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
Interserve are recruiting for a Project Manager to be based out of our Cambridge office covering our East Anglian region. W ith overall responsibility for the management and success of the project, including customer relations, health and safety, quality, environmental, programme and the cost/value of operations.
- Leading regular site meetings with project team;
- Maintaining strict quality control procedures;
- Conducting regular site safety checks;
- Ensuring the project runs to program and to budget;
- Being proactive in the identification and resolution of problems;
- Ensuring the project team comply with the Companies Business Management System;
- Reviewing methods of working, alternative materials etc in order to maximise commercial profitability;
- Maintaining effective long term relationships with the customer and their representatives/advisors;
- Providing aftercare services to the customer;
- Leading the implementation and maintenance of ICL strategy and policies for Sustainability, Health & Safety, Quality, Environmental, Training & Development etc and acting as an exemplar of the ICL culture and values;
- Monitoring, supporting, mentoring and counselling members of the project team in their personal development;
- Seeking and developing on going continuous improvement;
- Weekly review of progress against Target Programme;
- Ensure that short term programmes prepared and agreed with supply chain;
- Attendance at monthly CVR meetings;
- Keeping good records - Diaries, Labour Returns, Weekly/Monthly ICL reports;
- Any other duties relevant to the role.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Strong leadership and people management skills;
- Technical knowledge and experience;
- Commercial and financial awareness;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a range of people;
- Ability to plan and organise resources in order to meet tight deadlines;
- Customer/Client focus;
- NEC Experience required (desirable);
- Experienced in Refurbishment and new build projects;
- Experienced in Health, Education & R&D sectors (desirable);
- Ideally based close to Cambridge and able to travel throughout the Anglia region.
- Experience - Minimum 5 years site Management;
- Experience of project planning;
- Minimum HNC qualified (in relevant construction subject);
- Professional qualification (desirable);
- CITB level 3 Safety Course (desirable);
- CSCS Card - Appropriate level (desirable);
- IT literate (desirable);
- Experienced and competent in using Asta Power Project (desirable);
- High level of leadership and management skills (desirable);
- Experience in a similar role;
- Experience in Lab new build / refurb projects (desirable).
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.62 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
We are an Investors in Diversity accredited Company & committed to equal opportunities for all.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to work from our office in Cambridge. This role is offered on a full time and permanent basis. In return we are offering a competitive salary, plus company car/allowance, flexible benefits, 24 days annual leave entitlement, share plans, company pension and private medical insurance.
As part of our recruitment process job offers will be subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.