Job type: Contract
Date posted: 15-06-2016
Duration: 3 Years
A leading operator in Qatar require an experienced Senior Instrument & Control Engineer for this 3 year contract. Please read the full job description before applying. MUST HAVE OFFSHORE PROJECT EXPERIENCE.
SENIOR INSTRUMENT & CONTROL ENGINEER
BSc. Electronics / Instrumentation Engineering graduate of an internationally recognized University. Membership of a recognized Chartered or other Professional Institution is preferable.
A minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in Oil & Gas industry with an Oil & Gas Company or reputed Consultancy/Contractor in the areas of design and selection of Instrumentation, control and telecom equipment (DCS, ESD, FGS, SCADA, optical fiber etc). The candidate shall have adequate exposure in developing and endorsing Main Automation Contractor (MAC) scope, technology selection/application and sizing studies for field instruments and ICSS system. Fully familiarized with MAC tendering, technical evaluation and execution of MAC scope within the project. Experienced in FAT, SAT, pre-commissioning / commissioning / Start-up /Operation Support and trouble shooting. Must possess excellent written and oral English language and reporting skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide with full responsibilities and accountability, a technical service to the corporation for Offshore Projects in all areas of Instrumentation/Control Engineering works, during the Design & Execution stage, ensuring that Instrumentation/Control works are in compliance with the latest codes, standards, National and corporate requirements and procedures.
- Review proposals, designs, procedures, technical standards and specifications, related to Instrumentation and Controls works, submitted by FEED / EPIC Contractors.
- Develop and endorse instrumentation selection reports, application, control narratives, philosophies and sizing studies and select best techno-commercial solutions to ensure designs are optimal, safe, cost effective and in compliance with the latest Codes, Standards, National and QP Corporate requirements and Procedures.
- Review detailed design specifications and drawings submitted by Contractors and Consulting Engineers for compliance with Design Basis, Specifications, Codes, Standards and Industry Practices.
- Prepare Main Automation Contractor (MAC) scope, technical bid evaluation and review and endorse ICSS design and engineering.
- Provide technical expertise/service to the Project in for development of design for instrumentation packages for highly sour offshore facilities with special attention to FEED, Detailed Design and in EPIC Execution stage.
- Provide Instrumentation and Control technical support to Project in various phases of the Project lifecycle i.e. Study, SOW preparation, Pre-award evaluations, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning and Start-up phases.
- Ensure full life cycle costs are taken into consideration during the decision- making process for design. Carry out in-house Instrumentation and control design related to optimization and selection studies, prepare data sheets and specifications.
- Participate in the development of project schedule and other project services such as planning & progress reporting.
- Review job Quality and Inspection and test plans pertaining to the Inst. Works.