Job type: Contract
Date posted: 15-06-2016
Duration: 3 Years
A leading operator in Qatar require an experienced Senior Structural Engineer for this 3 year contract. Please read the full job description before applying. MUST HAVE OFFSHORE PROJECT EXPERIENCE.
SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
Minimum Bachelor of Engineering (or Science) in Civil or Structural Engineering from an internationally recognized University. Membership of a recognised Chartered or other Professional Institution of Engineers is preferable.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in Oil & Gas industry with an Operating Company or reputed Consultancy/ EPIC Contractor in the areas of engineering, design and construction. Out of which minimum 12 years of post graduate experience in the design/engineering of offshore oil and gas installations on at least two continents.
- The candidate shall have adequate exposure to complete life cycle of the project from conceptual to installation/hook-up for both green-field and brown field.
- The experience shall include in performing, reviewing and managing analyses and design of fixed offshore structures for in-service and pre-service conditions.
- Preferably have hands on experience in spectral fatigue, seismic, pushover/collapse, ship impact, post damage, floatation, pile drivability and float-over platforms etc.
- Shall be well versed with applicable international standards including API, ISO, AISC etc. Knowledge of QP standards and Shell DEP is added advantage.
- Must possess excellent written and oral English language, communication and reporting skills.
- Shall have experience on one of Oil and Gas FEED project (greenfield) lasting around 12 months.
- Offshore Experience shall include a balance between green field and brown-field projects. Shall have experience with greenfield offshore projects (Detail Engineering) one of which must be lasting more than 12 months.
- Must have experience as a Lead Engineer to manage, supervise and perform engineering and design. The experience shall include managing teams with graduate engineers.
- Must have worked in a discipline (lead) role on a Mega Project (CAPEX > 1 bln $US)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides with full responsibility and accountability detailed designs and all technical services for different stages of assigned projects' life cycle to ensure that these projects are designed as per latest codes, standards, safety regulations and technically sound structure and all progression, operational defined milestones and deadlines are met.
- Develops in-house Structural simulation calculations, SOW preparation, Structural engineering documents for FEED, cost effective, safe and fit for purpose Structural engineering design, and project specific Structural data.
- Co-ordinates interface and provide inputs to other parties in technical matters and activities incorporating all applicable Environmental and safety standards and policies, into all Structural design engineering on assigned projects.
- Capable of using all required design and analysis engineering software to ensure that end user requirements are identified and met in a safe and reliable, but cost effective manner.
- Provides Structural input to Statement of Requirement's (SOR) and prepares Structural part of Scope of Work (SOW) for assigned projects and Acts as Engineering Coordinator within technical services department for preparation of In-House FEED, Detailed Design, SOW and Pre-award evaluation for the assigned projects as required.
- Reviews/verify and approves Contractor's Structural engineering deliverables (Simulation, Drawings, Calculations, Specifications, method statements, Operating manual, etc.), all received Waivers and Technical Queries for all assigned Contracts and projects to ensure compliance with latest Codes, Standards, and Company requirements.