KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. |
Position is contingent upon award of the project
Transportation Manager (Contingency Hire)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Transportation Manager will manage, operate, maintain, alter, and repair Base Support Vehicles and Equipment (BSVE) and War Reserve Materiel (WRM) assets for the U.S. and international military tenants. Maintenance activities shall be performed in compliance with Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, company and governmental standards and other safety standards. Repair and refurbishment efforts include predictive, preventive, and corrective maintenance. The Manager also directs and coordinates activities concerned with acquisition of equipment. Management of the BSVE warranty management program is also a duty of this position. The position is responsible for operation of the station shuttle bus service. This responsibility includes development and implementation of the shuttle route operating plan, driver training and assignments, and dispatching.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / ABILITIES:
- EDUCATION: Associates' degree in business, logistics, fleet management, automotive management or equivalent from a two-year course of study from a U.S. or U.K. accredited college or technical school or eight (8) years of equivalent work experience.
- CERTIFICATIONS: None.
- EXPERIENCE; Seven (7) years' experience in managing transportation center/facilities of a size and scope similar to Diego Garcia. Three (3) of those years must be experience as Director or Manager in charge of a transportation / base support vehicle equipment operation. Experience in a military environment is desired. Three (3) years' experience in computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) such as Maximo, Passport, or SAP is required
- ABILITIES: The candidate must be a self-starter capable of working in a fast paced multi-discipline team environment with the ability to manage competing priorities to achieve team goals. Proven management skills to include effective planning, organizing, directing and controlling with strong decision making capabilities. Excellent analytical skills - data driven, fact based, root cause focused. Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills to lead a team to consensus. Understanding of litigation and claims processes and experience with legal communities. Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and listening. Ability to interact with staff at all levels from craftpersons to senior executives. Knowledge base to successfully diagnosis issues that cover multiple areas of interaction.
- Fluent in English language
- Must possess passport book (not passport card) with at least 12 months of remaining validity AND with at least 6 blank visa/stamp pages remaining
- Must possess driver's license with at least 6 months of remaining validity