|Job Ref:||1615494||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Belfast||Address:||Post Code:||BT7||Post Date:||21/10/2016 22:08|
Position: QA Test Engineer Linux and IT Networking|
Reports To: QA Manager
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.
Our world-leading access control, video and intrusion brands brands - American Dynamics, Bentel, CEM Systems, DSC, Kantech, Software House and Sur-Gard - have more combined years of experience in the security industry than any other group in the world. Our security integration platforms, built by our developers from across all product disciplines allow our customers to see more, do more, and save more.
We develop products under a number of Brands and this role involves the delivery of IP Video products and Integrated Solutions under the ‘American Dynamics’ Brand. Development of our Solutions takes place in Belfast, USA, China and India with the majority of development in Belfast where the main QA lab is located.
Within this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the validation of CCTV IP cameras and Video Recorders.
Essential Education & Experience
• BSc Honours Degree Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Business/IT or equivalent and work related experience.
• Must have experience working with electronic or IT solutions in a test or field environment.
• Practical experience in the test of application software
• Experience in performing scalability and performance testing would be an advantage
Essential Competencies & Skills
Integrity, Excellence, Accountability, Communication, Innovation, Problem Solving & Analysis, Teamwork
• Network certified or equivalent; must have an advanced understanding of TCP/IP networking and LAN/WAN technologies, with the ability to perform complex network troubleshooting.
• Must have working knowledge of Windows and/or Linux including resolving hardware, driver and deployment issues
• Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
• Adapting easily to new technology and concepts
Desirable Competencies & Skills
• Experience in python or Linux scripting will be an advantage
• Understanding of the requirements for test automation and regression testing.
• Experience of video streaming technologies
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities (list is not exhaustive – included to highlight the key components of the role):
• Design, modify, develop, write and implement test suites.
• Participate in the design and specification process
• Develop technical product test plans and documentation
• Identify, raise and track product quality defects
• Participate in defect and design reviews, with good understanding of the product development life cycle process
• Record results of all testing undertaken, clearly documenting software / hardware versions if necessary
• Act as an enthusiastic and motivated member of the engineering team.
• Develop knowledge of the system – both functional and non-functional.
• Travel on occasions to customer sites to perform analysis of issues and to gain domain knowledge
• Other duties as and when required.
The job will be based in Belfast, Northern Ireland and will involve a degree of travel to other engineering or customers sites.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Although no job description can adequately detail the full scope of duties necessary, the requirements listed above are a representation of the levels of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform these activities.