|Job Ref:||1615498||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Belfast||Address:||Post Code:||BT7||Post Date:||21/10/2016 22:08|
The Segment |
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.
Our world-leading access control, video and intrusion brands brands - American Dynamics, Bentel, CEM Systems, DSC, Kantech, Software House and Sur-Gard - have more combined years of experience in the security industry than any other group in the world. Our security integration platforms, built by our developers from across all product disciplines allow our customers to see more, do more, and save more.
We develop products under a number of Brands and this role involves the delivery of IP Video products and Integrated Solutions under the ‘American Dynamics’ Brand. Development of our Solutions takes place in Belfast, USA, China and India with the majority of development in Belfast where the main QA lab is located.
Within this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing software for the software automation framework and for enhancing and extending our suite of automated tests.
Education & Experience
• Must have C# or C development experience, preferably in a commercial environment
• Windows Development Experience
• Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
• Adapting easily to new technology and concepts
• BSc Honours Degree Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent and work related experience.
• Practical experience in the development/test of application software
• Commercial experience in using automated test developing tools such as Visual Studio Coded UI
• Understanding of the requirements for test automation and regression testing
• Experience in performing scalability and performance testing
• Database Programming
• Experience of video streaming technologies
• Experience of working to a software development Quality Management System
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities (list is not exhaustive – included to highlight the key components of the role):
• Design, modify, develop, write and implement software tools, applications and automated test suites for Windows environment.
• Develop technical documentation in-line with industry best practices.
• Interface with other functions with the business to ensure the timely delivery of high quality products.
• Adhere to development processes including code reviews, design reviews and coding guidelines.
• Act as an enthusiastic and motivated member of the engineering team.
• Participate in specification, design and defect reviews, with good understanding of the product development life cycle process
• Develop knowledge of the system – both functional and non-functional.
• Other duties as and when required.
The job will be based in Belfast, Northern Ireland and will involve a degree of travel to other engineering or customers sites.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Although no job description can adequately detail the full scope of duties necessary, the requirements listed above are a representation of the levels of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform these activities