|Job Ref:||136582BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United States||County/State:||Alabama||City:||Huntsville||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:49|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM's Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM's Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
Purpose and Scope:
The purpose of this position is to perform the full range of a (journeyman) electrician level duties.
1) Installs, modifies, repairs, maintains, troubleshoots loads and tests new and installed equipment including secondary distribution lines and circuits used to supply distribution panels, switch gear, power and control circuits, electrical intrusion alarms, and cathodic protection systems.
2) Knowledgeable of high intensity lighting systems, and related equipment.
3) Working from building plans, blueprints, wiring diagrams, and determines the routing placement, type, size, gauge, balance load, continuity, and safe operation of electrical lines, circuits, systems, equipment, and controls.
4) Skilled in installing underground cable and conduit, running overhead wire and conduit to attach cross arms making electrical connection by splicing and/or other methods.
5) Ability to install home and industrial services by running wires from pole to entrance weatherhead.
6) Ability to install street lighting circuits, lamps, and related hardware.
7) Determines size, type and gauge of wiring coupling, conduits, relays, etc., effects necessary repairs and modifications.
8) Must know and apply the principles, materials, and safety standards applicable to the electrical trade: including interpretation of plans, blueprints and engineering designs: use of tools and test equipment and ability to plan and competently accomplish assigned duties.
9) Connects single phase, three phase, and variable speed motors ranging from fractional horsepower up to 150 horse power.
10) Calculates motor protection in control circuits, and determines overload sizes and required phase protection.
11) Troubleshoots sub panels to determine and correct load balance on phases.
12) Tests electrical circuits for resistance, current, and potential difference.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two year college or technical school; five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must posses an apprentice license from the City of San Antonio. Must maintain a valid state driver license and be qualified to operate government general-purpose vehicles. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure NA to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.