Job type: Contract
Date posted: 16-06-2016
Duration: 3 Years
A leading operator in Qatar require an experienced Senior Project Engineer - Central Production Complex for this 3 year contract. Please read the full job description before applying. MUST HAVE OFFSHORE PROJECT EXPERIENCE.
Primary Purpose of the Job
Lead, manage and be accountable for significant project scope during FEED and EPIC including engineering, design, fabrication, construction, testing, installation and commissioning. Focus on the successful execution of the project on time, within budget and in accordance with the agreed project requirements, specifications and standards.
- Single point accountable to the Head, Project Engineering for all the aspects of project coordination and management for the assigned areas or significant work scopes. Consults with the Head, Project Engineering as required.
- Provides support to and delegates for the Head, Project Engineering
- The key role is project team integrator and the Sr. Project Engineer is expected to be conversant across all functional areas of the project, to identify any deviations from the agreed project premises, and to keep the line management informed.
- Responsible for coordination and preparation of clear project scopes, provides input to Execution Plans and Strategies including procurement strategies for critical items. Coordinates input to project budget and ensures timely approvals.
- Ensures timely preparation and issue of FEED & EPIC tender documents and is responsible for Technical Scope of Work. In the bidding process, coordinates response to the tender queries and issues tender bulletins in a timely manner.
- Lead Gate Approval, Project Execution Plan, Risk Management, Change Management, Commissioning and Handover processes/procedures and related activities in order to ensure successful execution and timely completion of the project.
- Lead the technical tender evaluation efforts and organizes bid clarification meetings when necessary. Coordinates & participates in the subsequent commercial evaluation & negotiations as directed and achieves contract award in accordance with project schedules. Presents the Tender Evaluation findings to the higher management and Tender Committee whenever necessary.
- Coordinates and ensures Project Quality Plans/HSE Plans/Environment Management Plans are in place and adhered through out the execution phase. Ensures that QP corporate requirements are complied with.
- Carries the duties and responsibilities for the Head, Project Engineering and coordination of Concept Optimization, FEED & EPIC contractors, through Project teams of senior Project and Project Engineers.
- Undertakes and leads Project Risk Analysis sessions and meticulously implements and follows up Risk Mitigation actions. Ensures that the value engineering sessions are performed effectively.
- Coordinates overall activities of planning, progress measurement & monitoring systems and controls within assigned project areas and scopes with the Project Control Engineers from and Contractor. Ensures effective "change control" mechanism is in place.
- Monitors progress in assigned areas and scopes and takes necessary actions to ensure timely completion of the work.
- Support Qatari development activities by ensuring that Qatari Nationals receive the proper job training and development, in order to realize the full potential for local talents, and maximize contribution to project success.
Decision Making Authority
- Operates within the framework of established company policies and departmental procedures, guided by Engineering codes, Standard practices and procedures. Work accomplishments are not subject to third-party checks. The work is occasionally over-viewed by the line Management.
- The incumbent's key involvement in the various stages of project definition and execution includes responsibility and accountability to ensure that the assigned areas or scopes of the project are delivered on schedule and on budget.
- Work pressure is high with frequent long working hours.
- Multiple visits or assignment to Engineering Office and Fabrication Yards expected.
- Offshore site work during project facilities installation; hook-up and commissioning.
- Exposed to multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment requiring special skill for its management.
- Must have ability to influence and motivate technical, project services and construction specialists to ensure project is cost effective and delivered on time.
- NA. Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, graduate of an internationally recognized University. Preferably corporate membership with recognized Chartered or other Professional Institution.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience in the Offshore Oil & Gas Industry with an international consultancy company, EPIC Contractor or Oil & Gas Company in major projects implementation is essential.
- Of the total relevant experience indicated above, the candidate should have worked for a minimum of 8 years in the position of Sr. Project Engineer or Project Manager with an Engineering Design Consultant or EPIC Contractor in Oil & Gas Industry.
- The candidate shall be fully familiar and experienced in all the phases of major and mega Offshore Projects implementation in an Oil & Gas Industry environment especially for offshore central processing complex. Experience and skills shall include project engineering, preparation of scope of work for tender, bid evaluation, project risk assessment, contracts coordination and management.
- Experience shall also include engineering coordination with various discipline engineers during Concept optimization studies, FEED & Detailed engineering development and management of such contracts.
- The candidate shall possess extensive leadership skills and excellent project coordination and management skills and shall preferably be a certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
- The candidate shall be fully familiar with Offshore HSE and QA/QC procedures of major projects and application there-of.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with Contractors and positively influence Contractor performance.
- Proficiency level in the use of the English language (both written & spoken) should be high and must approach native speaker standard. Extensive knowledge of contract law and wide ranging experience of managing contractual disputes and arbitration issues.
- Work experience in the Arabian Gulf Countries is desirable.