Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide.|
We are currently looking to recruit a Shift Production Manager (Days) at New Cross Gate depot
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- You will be responsible for the day to day operation of the project with the aim of leading and developing a positive culture and working environment that drives attitudes and behaviours to support and continuously develop the overall project strategy for improvements to Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery.
- You will be ensuring that the specific Class of Units for that project are maintained in compliance with the maintenance plan and manual and in a safe and efficient manner providing the operator with a world class technical and planning support during passenger service operations.
- You will work with the production team, supporting delivery and completion of planned/unplanned maintenance and component exchange programs, providing technical and planning support to the operator. Responsibilities include:
- Health and Safety - Support the Depot Operations Manager in the day to day operation to ensure compliance with all legal, group and local processes and procedures with specific focus on legal compliance, staff training and competency, project safety and quality plans. Working in close relationship with the Project HSE Business Partner.
- Contract Delivery - Support the Depot Operations Manager to manage the people and processes on a day to day basis to ensure compliance to all contractual obligations in terms of availability and reliability. Including any other customer requirements (audit schedules, compliance to the VMS, and delivery of any variation orders). Working in close relationship with the Duty Shift Manager, Planning Manager, Materials Manager and Engineering Manager.
- Quality - Work in close relationship with the projects Quality Business Partner and Continuous Improvement Specialist to: continuously develop the front office process and procedures to improve standards through measurable KPI's, undertake Quality process audits periodically throughout the year, support both internal and customer audit programmes, undertake other continuous improvement activities to improve the project output and profitability
- The position will be required to work day shifts, although he/she may be required to return to shift working (to support a 24hours,7 days a week operation) when required.
- Comprehensive understanding of mechanical and electrical principles.
- Relevant experience and track record in people management in a similar environment (i.e.: 24 hours, 7 days a week service industry).
- Proven experience in health and safety will be a strong advantage.
- Ability to communicate at a professional and technical level with the customer and senior management.
- Good understanding of the Health and Safety at Work, stores procedures and material handling requirements.
- Good understanding of English language (written and verbal).
- Personal Track Safety (can be provided if not trained).
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at company website and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people.