|Job Ref:||1615428||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||United States||County/State:||Michigan||City:||Grand Rapids||Address:||Post Date:||22/10/2016 22:12|
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.|
Route Service & Sales Representative (RSSR)– SimplexGrinnell
About the role
We are currently looking to hire a Route Service & Sales Representative in Grand Rapids, MI.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
• Maintain and grow a route performing inspection, service and repair of suppression product lines that include fire extinguishers, emergency lights and pre-engineered kitchen hood systems
• Up-sell and cross-sell new product offerings and services to existing customers consistently ensuring compliance with current fire code regulations.
• Sell new accounts on the route based on the same compliance criteria.
• Accurately discern and document deficiencies found during an inspection
• Make recommendations based on manufactures specification and state/local national codes; quote, sell and repair while on-site.
• Responsible for meeting customer expectations while performing quality service
• Professionally represent the company at all times
• Maintain proper stock of equipment, parts, and supplies
• Inform all customers of deficiencies and upgrades by using Fire Protection Deficiency Report
• Survey target accounts for marketing follow up
• Perform all DOT required safety practices paperwork
• Complete all paperwork in a professional manner
• Attend all required training and/or meetings
• Perform other duties as directed
#externalRewards and benefits
We’ll expect a lot from you, but we’ll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we’ll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you’ll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Who we’re looking for:
• 0-3 years Customer Service/Sales experience
• Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds; Ability to climb a ladder and work on a roof top
• Ability to adhere to and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• 18 Years of age or older
• Self-starter that can work with little to no supervision
• Must have excellent communication skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers
• Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly
• Have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets company requirements
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test