|Job Ref:||1614743||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Thames||Address:||Post Date:||01/10/2016 22:12|
Role: Marine Technical Sales Coordinator|
Reporting to: Marine Product Team Lead
• JCI Pension Scheme
• BUPA (following qualification period)
• 25 days annual holiday entitlement
• Sick pay
• Sales commission plan
The Technical Sales Coordinator role is a replacement position within TFIS Marine; the role is directly aligned to our business growth strategy, and is dedicated to ensuring the success of an improved efficiency programme, born out of the need to amalgamate several divisions within the Marine business.
The role is as part of an office-based team and can be both challenging and rewarding. The successful candidate will be well positioned for further development within our organisation.
The position is to fill the void created by a member of the Marine Transactional Sales team leaving the business to pursue other career opportunities.
The Technical Sales Coordinator will be responsible for being a front-line point of contact for our Marine customers. Employees will be responsible for providing support to an assigned group of customers in conjunction with sales, order processing and billing. Role will involve responding to customer enquiries on a range of products, processing quotations and orders, ensuring technical information is correct, data inputting and managing processes to ensure timely delivery, coordination and order confirmation with client. Activities also include resolution of customer issues including changes to orders, sales report generation and coordination of day to day activities to ensure customer's needs are met.
Scope: Works on problems of moderate complex scope within defined procedures & practices.
Impact: Moderate impact to the work provided in own area / department.
Knowledge: Good knowledge of allocated product ranges, systems, processes.
Problem Solving: Frequently expected to choose the most appropriate solution. Tasks follow set guidelines and procedures.
People/Function Management: No direct reports
Supervision Received: Under general supervision; ability to exercise judgment in a narrow/limited scope.
Customer Focus: Very good understanding of customer priorities. Considers customer satisfaction a permanent objective.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy and tact as the exchange of information within the department is a significant part of the job.
Preferred Education: Vocational or Diploma
Minimum Preference Experience: 3-5 years
Travel Requirements: None
Preferred Previous Experience
• Technical Sales / customer service positions – direct or indirect selling
• Clear evidence of client communication/professional communication (face to face or over the telephone)
• Experience in pricing/bidding/communicating technical items
• Vocational or Diploma
• Understanding of customers, and buying motives
• Understand requirements of sales activity/successful sales techniques
• Communication to current customer network / account management
• Excellent fact finder and information gatherer
• Customer focused
• Can do, can resolve, can organise, can achieve personality
• Professional in all aspects of business life
• Supportive and protective of company – we, not I.
• Desire to achieve, improve, develop
• Determined to improve our product and service delivery
• Gets to facts – not affected by rumour or gossip
• Excellent communicator – with clients, staff and colleagues
• Relationship builder
• Excellent time manager
• Good organiser of themselves
• Ability to work under pressure
• Negotiation skills
• Good manager of clients as accounts – has skills to listen and act
• High presentation skills – formal and general day to day
• Good IT ability
• Professional appearance
• Customer consideration
• Incentive earner
• Hard Worker
• Team player
• Questioning themselves – self motivated – self driven
• Do it today