|Job Ref:||38100||Employer:||Goodrich||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||India||City:||KARNIND||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:05|
The successful incumbent will be accountable for project kick off, planning, monitoring & controlling and closure of multiple medium to large new product introduction engineering projects with minimal guidance from engineering leadership team. He/she will need to manage these projects in matrix organization with the help of technical leads and technical managers. Some of the specific responsibilities are listed as below:|
1. Responsible for developing project plans inclusive of scope, schedule, budget, resources, communication, and risk management for engineering projects that involve resources from disciplines such as mechanical design and analysis.
2. Responsible to deploy various Project Management tools and techniques such as integrated project management plan, Impact Matrix, Deliverables Map, Least Waste Way Project Plan (Schedule), Risk Register, etc.
3. Responsible for monitoring various metrics such as On Time Delivery, Quality, etc.
4. Ensure right balance between delivery, quality and cost by means of proactive planning, monitoring and corrective actions
5. Responsible to ensure all resources are appropriately loaded and load is balanced in conjunction with technical leads and technical managers
6. Follow up to meet delivery and quality with internal technical teams and counterparts in USA and Singapore
7. Own and drive execution of various projects through daily stand ups (wall walks)
8. Responsible to conduct frequent Project Status Reviews with engineering leadership and program management teams
9. Responsible for ensuring project management tool (In-house Software) is kept up to date and alive with project data.
10. Ensure compliance to laid down project management procedures and practices
11. Drive Relentless Root Cause Corrective actions for schedule slippage, significant escapes and cost overruns.
12. Responsible to identify , drive and lead continuous improvement initiatives within the scope of work
13. Responsible to carry out earned value management for all projects
14. Ability to train technical teams on project management processes, tools and techniques
1. B.E. Mechanical/Aerospace with 6-8 years of experience out of which at least 2 years of experience in Project Management role in Aerospace Industry
2. Hands on experience in MS Project Professional, Risk Registers, Estimation and Earned value management
3. Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
4. Should have Continuous Improvement Experience either in Six Sigma or Lean Product Development
5. Preferably should have few years of experience in design or analysis of Aircraft Structures