|Job Ref:||135665BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Croydon||Address:||Post Code:||CR0||Post Date:||30/09/2016 12:02|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at ;NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
Our Transportation team currently have a vacancy in our Croydon office for a Senior Civil/Structural Engineer with experience of working on Network Rail, London Underground or other rail, metro or light rail network infrastructure. AECOM are currently expanding their rail engineering capabilities in Croydon following several major project wins.
The successful candidate will be a Chartered or near Chartered civil/structural engineer with solid post graduate experience. You will have proven design experience, delivering projects to clients' satisfaction at the appropriate standard, ensuring accuracy of drawings and calculations, and ensuring designs are economic and appropriate and that the relevant codes and standards are complied with. Ideally your technical skills will include experience in the design of depots and/or stations. You will have strong client relationship skills and the ability to develop and manage the work of others.
We are now looking to enhance this team and grow our workload in smaller and more local projects, with individuals with a sound technical background who share our enthusiasm and determination. Our UK-wide Rail team is involved in projects in the UK, Europe and the Middle East with a variety of clients. Our services offered to our clients include feasibility studies, scheme designs and detailed designs. Our clients are from the private and public sector and include HS2, Network Rail, London Underground, TFL, Nexus, TfGM, SYPTE, Centro and Croydon Tramlink, as well as many Tier 1 contractors.
Our current portfolio of works comprises a diverse mix of local, national and international Rail infrastructure projects. The team provides design, assessment, inspection, construction support and management services on a wide range of rail projects.
Major Rail projects currently under production by staff in our Croydon office include:
The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order that the Job / Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standards.
• Appropriate level of technical expertise
• Assist in preparation of fee proposal and agree with Director for submission to client, including resources and programme.
• Act as Team Leader or Project Manager (once accredited) as necessary.
• Develop detailed methodologies, delegating preparation of tasks as appropriate.
• Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team members and fulfilling all responsibilities for health and safety in design.
• Assess staff requirements at each stage of the project.
• Identify data and information required for project and appoint appropriate sub-consultants.
• Manage the preparation of client reports, bringing together the contributions from other specialist areas of the business.
• Deliver projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
• Determine the need for and attend project progress meetings.
• Manage the tender process for the appointment of contractors.
• Respond to design queries during construction phase and attend site meetings.
• Communicate project's critical issues in a timely manner to Directors and clients.
• Complete timesheets on a weekly basis, allocating time correctly against work stages/ job numbers.
• Manage work within financial and programme constraints.
• Assist the Project Manager in keeping project accounting up-to-date and advise on the monthly progress of the project.
• Understand commercial constraints and progress on the projects.
• Provide information and assist in preparing invoices.
• Understand the commonly used forms of Contract and their implications.
• Understand and implement the Company's Health and Safety policy and procedures and lead by example and ensure project staff are competent in all health & safety matters.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.