WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA|
The WSP | PB Minneapolis office is seeking an immediate Lead Bridge Engineer who will be responsible for performing and leading bridge and structures design tasks on medium to large scale bridge and transportation projects.
Additional Responsibilities include:
In addition to performing design duties, the selected candidate will have an opportunity to lead project tasks and oversee the work performed by other staff members. Working in a strong team environment will help keep your career on the right path and provide you with multiple professional opportunities.
• The design work will include structural design of steel, prestressed and post-tensioned structures, report writing, preliminary engineering, final engineering plan production, substructure design, construction staging, quantity calculations, estimates, specifications, and other related engineering duties
• Supervision of junior engineers and interfacing with clients and subcontractors will also be required
• You will work with a team of highly qualified engineers and technicians on major transportation projects
EOE - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in structural engineering focused on highway and transit bridges
• A strong knowledge of AASHTO LRFD Specifications
• Understanding of MnDOT policies and procedures
• Strong knowledge of structural design and finite element software
• Working knowledge of Microstation
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Capability of managing small projects or tasks on larger scale projects and be able to mentor junior staff.
• BS in Civil/Structural Engineering required; MS preferred
• Minnesota Professional Engineer's (PE) license (or ability to quickly obtain)
• Candidate must be able to work in the United States immediately