|Job Ref:||R0009371||Employer:||Thales Group||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||25/10/2016 22:01|
Senior TETRA Radio Technician|
The technology and systems expertise offered by Thales’s Transportation team powers safe, reliable and efficient services to rail networks the world over. In the UK, we deliver advanced signalling, supervision and control, integrated communications, security and information systems for urban rail, mainline rail and road networks. And as we continue to grow our business, we need more talent to join us in making our cities better connected.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior TETRA Radio Technician. This is a vital role in ensuring that site responsibilities and procedures are clearly understood with a professional approach to radio fault finding and fault rectification ensuring that the system integrity is maintained.
The Senior TETRA Radio Technician is responsible for ensuring that Radio systems installation, configuration, testing, commissioning and integration activities undertaken are accurate, planned and carried out in line our standard processes.
This is a permanent position, working nights across the London Underground.
- Provide technical guidance for the other members of the team to ensure effective, safe delivery of tasks to time and cost
- Work a shift pattern that will change dependant on project and resourcing requirements and is subject to a reasonable notice period
- Provide assistance to the O&M Group to ensure that there is a smooth transition from the site activities through to the handover of the systems for operational purposes
- In order for the project deliverables to be met, a close relationship with the project team, the Thales Service Centre and the O&M teams will need to be maintained at all times
- Application of standards to ensure there is a robust, consistent and auditable trail for installation, configuration, testing, commissioning and integration of the systems
- The production of accurate and timely documentation is a critical commercial requirement and the Engineer will be accountable for delivery of this information
- Equipment testing in accordance with approved specifications
- Regular & consistent submission of daily site logs & project logs
Skills and Experience
- Basic Radio theory
- Tetra EBTS
- Radio infrastructure
- Airwave systems
- Tetra Radio control systems
- Tetra Radio power systems