Responsible for the preventive maintenance and continued upkeep of machinery in a green sand, ductile iron foundry and related manufacturing facility. Meets or exceeds safety and quality objectives. Directly supervises skilled trades workers and support employees and/or subordinate supervisors. Performs the following duties.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: Other duties as assigned.
- Advises on, supervises, and performs administrative and technical work primarily concerned with the installation, maintenance, and repair of tools, apparatus, equipment, and buildings, or other work involving maintenance services.
- Performs equipment failure analyses (including preventative and unscheduled maintenance).
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of the functionality of all machines and site services by continually learning and implementingbest practices.
- Recommends measures to improve, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Develops and implements a robust and effective, site preventative, maintenance program.
- Ensures that all equipment is in good, safe operating condition and is utilized according to process specifications.
- Prepares technical reports to document equipment modifications and equipment maintenance procedures.
- Administers and executes policies, processes, and procedures that affect subordinate employees and contractors.
- Communicates, supports, and enforces company policies.
- Develops and implements key measurables to drive business improvements within the team.
- Leads semi-complex capital improvement projects.
- Interviews employees, appraises performance, rewards and disciplines employees, addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Mentors staff in an approachable and constructive manner.
- Addresses and corrects quality deficiencies in a timely manner.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities with other departments.
- Participates in supervisor training, develops supervisory skills through continuing education and mentoring with more senior staff.
- Trains and coaches employees in performing job tasks and ensures that employees receive all required training and are competent to perform job duties.
- Maintains time, and pay records; submits for processing. Reviews time punches daily, makes changes, corrections, comments, documents errors. Enters employee pay and promotion changes.
- Leads the safety effort within the department and ensures that employees apply safety-first attitudes and practices as they do their jobs.
- Involves employees in an ongoing program of hazards identification and in developing and applying safe job procedures.
- Teaches employees how to properly use PPE and continually monitors compliance.
- Instils good housekeeping practices in employees and requiring their use.
- Maintains a positive example of safety-first attitudes and practices.
- Works with safety professionals and management to ensure that our corporate safety policy is fully and effectively implemented on a daily basis and that applicable safety regulations are followed.
- Assists management and safety professionals in investigate accidents, incidents and near miss situations.
- Participates in safety activities such as support for Suggestion Boards, Grass Root team projects, 5S projects, department ergonomic improvements.
Education and/or Experience :
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; related college degree or coursework preferred.
- Five years of functional experience to include electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic required .
- Four years lead and/or supervisory maintenance experience required. (May be part of the functional experience.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills essential; ability to successfully deal with change, learn new skills, techniques and processes, and a positive attitude required.
- Shift/schedule flexibility essential.