|Job Ref:||128043BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||St Albans||Address:||Post Code:||AL1||Post Date:||04/10/2016 22:42|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We deliver creative solutions for building projects for industry, government, commercial and leisure sectors. Our building engineering specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire engineering, acoustics, facades and seismic design. We embed sustainability principles in every design.
We are now looking for an Acoustic Engineer to join our St Albans based Building Acoustics team. AECOM has one of the world's largest specialist Acoustics, Noise and Vibration teams, with approximately 50 full time specialists in the UK and over 200 worldwide. St Albans acoustics team provides building and architectural acoustic consultancy services to the construction industry.
Our abilities and expertise include:
• Acoustic Design: façade acoustics, sound insulation, room acoustics (computer modelling and auralisation) and building services noise control.
• Acoustic Measurements: short/long term noise monitoring, sound insulation (airborne and impact) and room acoustic measurements.
We work across all of the construction market sectors with significant recent project experience in arts, culture and media, education, residential, commercial offices, healthcare.
• Conduct field measurements as needed to document acoustical data
• Noise and vibration measurement surveys
• Calculation and assessment of buildings and architectural acoustics
• Computer modelling predictions and optimisations
• Preparation of reports
• Attend and participate in project meetings
To be successful in the post we are looking for candidates with:
• Enthusiasm, self-motivation, a team approach and customer focus,
• Relevant consultancy experience in the fields of building/ architectural acoustics for a variety of project types and sizes,
• Proven ability to deliver client expectations to budget and timescale,
• Excellent technical report writing, personal organization and communication skills,
• Experience of acoustic prediction using both spreadsheets and industry recognized software,
• Be familiar with modelling software,
• Full, clean driving licence.
• MSc/BSc in Acoustics or a closely associated science or engineering discipline.
• Membership/ Associate Membership in professional organizations (IOA, ANC, ASA…)
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.