Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
To manage resources to achieve a successful outcome, technically, commercially, safely and to the client's satisfaction on the project.
This is a fixed term position until March 2017, based in Rotherham.
- To manage all Interserve activities in line with the company IPCD.
- To manage all activities in line with the Project Process Document.
- To manage the resources on the project on a day to day basis and to report any staff issues as appropriate.
- Manage project commercial issues and cost reporting (WIP).
- To identify the client's requirements and ensure we deliver these requirements to the client's satisfaction.
- Represent the company on any internal or external issues.
- Prepare detailed plans and procedures to administer the project and ensure the project team are familiar with, and follow these guidelines.
- To ensure all project reporting is provided upstream and downstream in a timely manner.
- Regularly audit the project to ensure compliance.
- Communicate with the project team regularly on project specific matters and company initiatives.
- To ensure the project cash flow is positive throughout the life of the project.
- To manage procurement and achieve best value for Interserve.
- Identify all risks and manage actions and implementation to mitigate such risks.
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
What we are looking for
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Good understanding of Mechanical systems, particularly Sprinklers.
- Have a good basic education, with good written and spoken English and basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to communicate and delegate at all levels.
- Ability to provide leadership for the project team.
- Be a team player with a flexible and adaptable approach.
- Have a sound understanding of current company and legislative Health and Safety, Environmental impacts and Risk Assessment Procedures.
- Experience in project management and or professional quantifications.
- Be able to provide both summarised and detailed reports, on current operations department activities en requested to do so.
- Working to CDM requirements.
- Experience of project management software.
- Risk Assessment and Method Statement trained.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Must be flexible regarding working hours.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.