We are looking to fill a permanent civil/structural technician/designer position within the tunnel group to our office downtown Montreal.|
Reporting to the Project Manager, the person will have to prepare plans for various projects in civil engineering.
- Conduct underground infrastructure designs in accordance with the quality objectives and the regulations, laws and standards.
- Create drawings with minimal supervision.
- Develop technical drawings from sketches (determining appropriate scales, arrangement and specific details of the drawings) from the concepts required by the engineering team.
- Make if required field audits of existing facilities.
- Respect and enforce policies and procedures in the preparation of drawings.
- Realize the different stages of the project in the timeframes and budgets.
- Perform other related duties that may contribute to the projects.
- Hold a DEP in automated drawing or civil engineering technology or in a related field.
- Have three (3) to five (5) years of experience in civil engineering.
- Experience working in construction, an asset.
- Have good communication skills (oral and written) in English and French is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD software.
- Excellent knowledge of Civil 3D software and other AutoCAD and/or Microstation.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in order to meet cost objectives, quality and deadlines.
- Time management skills and adaptation to change.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments.