|Job Ref:||2016-12283||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||New Zealand||City:||Christchurch||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:01|
Acoustic Specialist/Senior Acoustic Specialist|
Job ID: 2016-12283
Area of Interest: EN - Atmospheric Services
Job Type: Part Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelor Degree
Posted Date: 7/26/2016
Acoustic Specialist/Senior Acoustic Specialist - Auckland or Christchurch
Golder Associates (NZ) Limited has a unique opportunity for a qualified and experienced Acoustic Specialist/Senior Acoustic Specialist to join the Acoustic consultancy team, based in either our Auckland or Christchurch office.
This role would suit an experienced Acoustic Specialist/Senior Acoustic Specialist who has demonstrable skills and qualifications in environmental noise measurement, computer modelling and report preparation.
The successful candidate will support the growth of the acoustic business by maintaining existing clients and developing new client relationships.
The working hours can be relatively flexible; however, it would be expected to be within 30.0 to 37.5 hours per week, worked Monday to Friday.
Although the work would be primarily based in Auckland and Christchurch, the successful candidate can expect to work elsewhere in New Zealand and potentially across Australasia.
Expertise in one or more of the following areas of acoustics will be valuable to support the ongoing success of the Acoustics team:
* Building noise - façade attenuation, room reverberation, inter-tenancy noise etc.
* Vibration - structural and ground borne vibration, blasting etc.
* Proven business development experience and project management abilities.
* Experience in the preparation of evidence and presentation at planning hearings.
You will be expected to have expertise in acoustic computer modelling and be able to work autonomously, as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
* An acoustics degree or post-graduate qualification.
* An understanding of health & safety awareness.
* Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
* Strong technical writing ability and reporting skills.
* Fiscal responsibility - ability to complete tasks on time and within budget.
* Develop and maintain good relationships with both new and existing clients and effectively represent Golder Associates when required.
* Genuine enthusiasm for the role, displaying a willingness to learn and develop.
* The ability to work both individually and in a collaborative manner as part of a team.
* The ability to make decisions and display initiative.
* Good organisational and time management skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
* A full New Zealand Driving Licence or equivalent.
* Flexibility, willingness and ability to travel nationally.
Our staff benefit from:
* Opportunity to buy shares in our 100% employee owned company.
* Career and professional development opportunities and support of personal growth.
* Competitive remuneration.
* Gain the advantage of working with highly skilled scientists, project managers, technical specialists and engineers who are committed to our company being the best in its field.
* A passionate and supportive team environment.
* Modern offices.
Golder Associates (NZ) Limited (Golder) is a leading international consulting firm providing environmental consulting services with over 120 employees in New Zealand.
As an employee owned company we take the career development and engagement of our staff seriously.
Sounds like you? Apply via our website NA.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Interested in this opportunity? Would you like to update your resume/CV first? Click here and login at the bottom of the screen.
Back to Start Page
Software Powered by iCIMS