BOMBARDIER the evolution of mobility|
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Aerospace is seeking an experienced an Operations Manager for its new Service Centre located at the London Biggin Hill Airport, United Kingdom.
The London Service Centre will join an award winning Network of wholly-owned Bombardier Business Aircraft Service Centres; as well as a line maintenance station in Nice.
In your role you will,
- Be responsible for the maintenance operations.
- Manage the Maintenance Staff, the Planning Department and Material Management.
- Perform management responsibilities for Maintenance Staff, the Planning Department and Material Management, for example: hire/fire, disciplinary actions, PMP, salary adjustments, work assignments, approving and scheduling vacation, monitoring attendance, review, approve, and verify/ensure accuracy of employees hours worked and time charged to correct aircraft program
- Ensure functions at the Maintenance-, Planning- and Materials Departments who are performing work affecting product quality are competent on the basis of appropriate education, initial/continuation training, skills and experience, by giving input to and approval of the yearly training program
- Develop and submit annual Maintenance-, Planning- and Materials Departments budget including manpower requirements to the General Manager
- Achieve monthly BSC objectives on relevant AES levers
- Assist in the development of strategic plans to support new programs and capabilities based on analysis of market trends
- Determine needs and assure proper tooling and equipment is available to support operational requirements
- Pre-plan, develop and maintain the production schedule (hangar and AOG) on a dynamic 3 months schedule in coordination with the Project Managers, to ensure manpower availability, proper load of the hanger, and on-time delivery
- Be the interface with customer representatives and coordinate customer communication activities
- Ensure accurate work packs are prepared by Planning and handed over to Maintenance Staff in time during the kick-off meeting
- Support the Project Managers and ensure escalated constraints are solved (e.g. a/c delays, shortage of manpower, questions/disputes on customer invoices)
- Ensure satisfactory completion and certification of all work required by operators/customers in accordance with the work specification (e.g. Work Order, Bombardier procedures, standards and approved MOE procedures), as well as customer quality expectations
- Maintain compliance with all OSHA Health & Safety guidelines, as well as environmental laws
- Ensure sub-contracted orders are correctly detailed and that the requirements of the contract/order are fulfilled in respect of inspection and quality control
- Approve payment of vendors' or suppliers' invoices for services or supplies required by Maintenance Department or Planning
- Facilitate the daily Stand-Up meeting Maintenance Projects with all departments. Update daily reports on aircraft states, clocked manpower and report to the Accountable Manager
- Respond to quality deficiencies in the area for which he/she is responsible, which arise from independent quality audits
- Monitor returned customer questionnaires in order to respond to customer concerns on all department personnel, equipment or quality of services rendered
- Solicit feedback from staff for development of new concepts and actively support and integrate continuous improvement activities in order to ensure that the relevant BSC objectives including the customer satisfaction index goals are met
- Give input to QA for the Management Review, and participate in the meeting that is performed twice a year
- Act on behalf of the Accountable Manager during absence
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Member of the Management Team.
- Act on behalf of Accountable Manager during absence.
- Maintains current training with respect to technical and supervisory skills by attending training classes, special technical and administration courses, seminars, exhibits and trade shows as necessary.
- Coaches, mentors and trains direct reports on Service Centre goals and quality expectations while providing technical assistance and support.
- Assist in the development of management skills/leadership skills for direct reports.
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
- You have a wealth of experience in performing aircraft maintenance, which must include several years of supervisory or lead experience
- You have the ability to promote the safety and quality policy
- You hold a EASA Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance License or equivalent, or Bachelors' Degree in Aerospace Engineering. Knowledge on EWIS and CDCCL
- You have knowledge of applicable EASA Regulations, Part 145 and any other relevant regulations needed to ensure the operation
- You have k nowledge of Aircraft Maintenance Management, with at least 2 years in business jet aircraft environment
- You poses w orking knowledge of process improvement methodology and application
- You have a ccounting and budgeting principals necessary to read and interpret profit/loss statements, financial reports, and meet BSC objectives for assigned area and programs
- You have w orking knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety rules, Human Factors, Human performance/-limitations, and regulations as they apply to safety and environmental aspects of aircraft maintenance operations
- You have i nterpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective communication with employees, customers, all levels of management and other departments
- You have p resentation skills necessary to effectively communicate, update, persuade, and/or facilitate discussions with customers and all levels of management
- You have the a bility to use information systems (e.g. SAP, Pivotal)
- You have r esearch and analytical skills necessary to collect, analyze, and interpret survey data, customer behaviors, and general trends within the applicable aircraft market
- You have r esource management and production planning skills
- You poses p lanning and organizational skills necessary to prioritize, assign, and coordinate workload of assigned area and employees within a multiple project setting
- You have strong l eadership skills necessary to make decisions with sound judgment, train and mentor employees for improved performance, coordinate activities of multiple departments, and guide day-to-day operations successfully
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone.
Join us at NA
Y our ideas move people.