the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Aerospace is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant for its new Service Centre located at the London Biggin Hill Airport, United Kingdom.
The London Service Centre will join an award winning Network of wholly-owned Bombardier Business Aircraft Service Centres; as well as a line maintenance station in Nice.
In your role you will,
- Maintain knowledge of corporate activities to assist in policy, procedures, and administrative matters
- Perform a variety of highly responsible administrative and clerical functions supporting the operations of the business
- Have responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, handling confidential and time sensitive material, resolving conflicts by exercising independent judgment within designated scope, and projecting the appropriate professional image of the company
- Act as a liaison for Members of Management in managing email correspondence by responding in writing or verbally, as broadly delegated using independent judgment and experience
- Authorize the expenditure of funds within pre-approved levels by the Members of Management
- Record dictation, transcribe, and proofread documentation
- Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements
- Provide clerical and administrative support to Members of Management at least 50% of the time
- Recommend and advise Members of Management on departmental matters of administration and communication as necessary in assisting to manage a complex and fast-paced office environment
- Advise and update Members of Management on client, business and/or employee issues
- Handle routine customer, interdepartmental or personnel matters using independent judgment including acting as a liaison and coordinator on behalf of the Members of Management on matters of policy, routine head office issues, or subjects involving the Finance, HR or Legal Departments as delegated by the Members of Management
- Design, create, implement, and/or troubleshoot Microsoft databases and spreadsheets to standardize processes and eliminate repetitious tasks, for example, programming macros, linking various spreadsheets and/or databases, creating switchboard menus, and assigning security
- Train other employees and respond to questions concerning the operation of customized databases and/or spreadsheet applications
- Prepare or edit presentations and communications on behalf of the Members of Management using independent judgment and often with limited general instruction
- Prepare, analyze and audit expense reports for approval of Vice President
- Prepare statistical reports on an ad-hoc basis to management for purposes of tracking information
- Plan and coordinate logistics for on-site/off-site special events such as business meetings, seminars, and employee training involving multiple areas within assigned department by making necessary arrangements
- Provide input and recommendations to assist in the development and implementation of internal operating procedures and systems
- Prepare and initiate department-wide mass communications for review of management prior to distribution
- Formulate and interpret management policies as requested by customers and employees
- Perform other duties as assigned
As our ideal candidate,
- You have experience supporting members of management, preferred.
- You have a thorough knowledge of company policies and procedures applicable to assigned area
- You have a thorough knowledge of operational processes and workflow for assigned area
- You have a thorough knowledge of various files and filing system(s)
- You have a thorough knowledge of point-of-contacts for support functions of assigned area, for example, HR, payroll, purchasing, facilities, and travel
- You have a thorough knowledge of computerized applications, for example, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software as required
- You have a thorough knowledge of auditing expense reports, purchase orders, invoices, and related documents to verify accuracy
- You poses skills necessary to manage time and prioritize tasks
- You have the ability to work in a team environment with all staff in Bombardier Aerospace Corporate offices, departments and applicable associated vendors
- You have the ability to provide direction to other employees as applicable
- You know to use discretion with customers and staff
- You have the ability to understand complexity of client relationships and status of accounts for upper management
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone.
Join us at NA
Y our ideas move people.