the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Aerospace is seeking an experienced Buyer for its new Service Centre located at the London Biggin Hill Airport, United Kingdom.
The London Service Centre will join an award winning Network of wholly-owned Bombardier Business Aircraft Service Centres; as well as a line maintenance station in Nice.
In your role you will,
- Adhere to Bombardiers Maintenance Organization Procedures, among which the relevant parts of the MOE and applicable work instructions.
- Attend kick-off (pre-input) meetings and pro-actively prepare purchase orders and arrange slots with external vendors for the overhaul and repair of aircraft units and parts.
- Track materials, tools and ground support equipment for the purpose of recertification and maintenance schedules
- Ensure timely calibration of tools.
- Identify alternate and superseded part numbers.
- Identify and schedule critical paths and assign priorities. Determine priority items to ensure parts are delivered on time and are readily available.
- Coordinate repair and overhaul quotes and lead times.
- Place purchase orders and ensure that purchased parts, materials, consumables, standard tools, special tools, ground support equipment or services are conforming to specified purchase requirements.
- Take into account warranty and special programs, when obtaining parts, spares or services from the proper supplier.
- Ensure that parts/maintenance/overhauls are ordered only at suppliers/(sub)contractors on the ASL.
- A rrange and track shipments with forwarders, for AOG's as well as other shipments.
- Generate purchase order requests through the P/O system in SAP and to monitor timely delivery
- Track incoming AOG orders and report the status immediately to the Project Responsible and the Project Manager.
- Monitor timely deliveries and inform the Material Supervisor if orders are delayed ('constraints').
- Handle core and warranty issues and programs.
- In conjunction with the Material Handler monitor and re-order consumables suing min/max principles to ensure stock outages are minimized on high turnover items.
- Ensure the timely acquisition of parts, materials and tooling needed to service the customer aircraft by planning and forecasting requirements and coordinating acquisition with suppliers and stores personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned.
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
- You a Bachelor's degree (or work level) in Purchasing or Inventory Management
- You have experience in aviation or material/parts environment
- You have basic knowledge of aircraft parts and terminology
- You are knowledgeable on, and practicing of, human factors, human performance and limitations
- You have knowledge of and experience with logistics processes
- You are knowledgeable on EWIS and CDCCL when relevant (e.g. tooling requirements)
- You have computer skills necessary to learn and/or operate word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, email, and web-based applications
- You have the planning and organizational skills necessary to prioritize and coordinate workload within a multiple project setting with rapidly changing priorities
- You have interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective working relationships with the Planning Department and Maintenance Staff
- You have basic knowledge on applicable officially recognized Dutch/European regulations, being EASA Part-145, PGS-15, ADR, IATA category 7/8
- Training 'Airfreight Security Employee' (if access to store)
- Training 'Road Transport/Awareness ADR' (Dangerous Goods)
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone.
Join us at NA
Your Ideas move people.