the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Aerospace is seeking an experienced Planner for its new Service Centre located at the London Biggin Hill Airport, United Kingdom.
The London Service Centre will join an award winning Network of wholly-owned Bombardier Business Aircraft Service Centres; as well as a line maintenance station in Nice.
In your role you will,
- Responsible for the research and administration of program work packages.
- Monitors work in progress to identify possible schedule impact and plan accordingly for upcoming maintenance events.
- Adhere to Bombardiers Maintenance Organization Procedures, among which the relevant parts of the MOE and applicable work instructions
- Ensure that all maintenance data is available and up to date, and that incorrect or outdated data is reported to Bombardier
- Periodically identify AD's and SB's (airframe and tools) that are issued on the EASA, TCA or FAA website and determine if they are applicable to aircraft on the Part-145 approval certificates
- Review proposals: verify the financial summary, including pre-sale margin analysis and labor-hour estimates, and ensure AD's and SB's are feasible, that modifications comply with applicable governmental authority regulations, and that the bid is in accordance with the customer work order
- Arrange maintenance data from Production (e.g. Modsums, ECRs) becomes EASA approved, by facilitating discussions between Sales, Engineering and the Part 21 organization, and providing specific information about the aircraft requiring the modification
- Work with customers for clarification of requirements to ensure customer expectations are met
- Perform acceptability analysis based on availability of resources, being relevant EASA Part-145 approval, manpower and availability of qualified staff, tools/equipment, material, hangar space, maintenance data, and third party availability
- Establish downtime for maintenance events in coordination with Project Manager
- Research and administer information related to the aircraft, e.g. Warranty, Special Programs, Vendor Warranty Programs, Smart Parts, paint specifications, and open delivery items
- Ensure all relevant maintenance data related to the aircraft is available, e.g. CAME, AMP, CAMP access, logbooks and Customer Completion Manuals
- Update Pivotal, including ETA and ETD.
- Assemble aircraft work packages in a logical efficient manner including identification of material, tooling, and manpower requirements. Complex work packages for example involve: multiple payers, multiple warranty programs, complex vendor warranty programs (Rolls Royce, Pratt & Whitney, Honeywell), unique AMP's, procedures, and/or instructions
- Convert maintenance requirements into tasks (conform maintenance data), and enter tasks into SAP. Split complex maintenance tasks into clear stages, and i dentify critical tasks if relevant
- Analyze AD's and SB's and convert into Aircraft Service Orders
- Print the relevant pages of the applicable maintenance data for each task
- Generate the material and (special) tooling demands for the assigned Buyer/Planner
- Process and send SRPSA and RED requests to CRC, and use the received information when processing the working package
- Ensure all special precautions are taken (e.g. shipment of tooling, and the availability of approved data), when unscheduled maintenance is performed at an outstation
- Inform the Receptionist if hotel reservation or flight has to be booked
- Identify constraints before the work pack is handed over to production, and address them to the responsible function in Pivotal
- Attend the Stand-Up meeting Maintenance Projects, and raise constraints if necessary.
- Prepare for the kick-off meeting and hand over the work package to maintenance staff
- Archive the technical records (W/O packages) after maintenance is carried out.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
- You have some years of experience in an aircraft maintenance environment
- You have knowledge on, and practicing of, human factors, human performance and limitations
- You have knowledge of and experience with logistics processes
- You have knowledge on EWIS and CDCCL when relevant
- You have the ability to use information systems (computer skills)
- You have the analytical skills necessary to research, review and accommodate scheduling requirements
- You possess the planning and organizational skills necessary to prioritize and coordinate workload within a multiple project setting with rapidly changing priorities
- You have the ability to split complex maintenance tasks into clear stages
- You have the ability to analyze risks (e.g. safety, planning) and make sound decisions
- You have the ability to lead and manage a planning project through to successful completion
- You hold basic knowledge of EASA Part-M and Part-145
- You have a thorough knowledge of aircraft maintenance programs
- You have a thorough knowledge of process for analyzing Airworthiness Directives
- You have a thorough knowledge of Service Bulletins and other technical documents, for example, Engineering Orders and maintenance manuals
- You have a Bachelor's degree in related field which is preferred
- You have a EASA Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance License or equivalent, this is desired
- You have p revious experience in aircraft maintenance planning and scheduling, proposal writing, and/or invoice analysis which is preferred
- You have p revious experience with SAP and/or Pivotal which is a strong asset
- You have Basic knowledge of applicable Federal Aviation (FAA) Regulations, this is desired
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone.
Join us at NA
Your ideas move people.