BOMBARDIER the evolution of mobility |
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Aerospace is seeking an experienced Manager, Planning for its new Service Centre located at the London Biggin Hill Airport, United Kingdom.
The London Service Centre will join an award winning Network of wholly-owned Bombardier Business Aircraft Service Centres; as well as a line maintenance station in Nice.
In your role you will,
- Be responsible for continued development, implementation, and maintenance of the facility's planning &, to include capacity/readiness planning process and related data processing.
- Ensure policies and procedures, technical standards and methods, and priorities are achieved with oversight by upper management.
- Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements
- Perform supervisory responsibilities, for example/hire, disciplinary actions, PMP, and professional development
- Provide capacity planning/scheduling functions for the repair station, for example, staffing forecasts and hanger plans
- Have an interface with management in support of the RFP process
- Coordinate department activities for the proper integration of their functions with data processing, planning, and production control activities
- Shall oversee production planning department and process used to provide work packages and work flows for each aircraft
- Provide guidance and monitoring of progress on major systems projects
- Oversee, develop and/or coordinate readiness plans for new customers as required by assigned site(s)
- Responsible for staff development and training
- Lead and direct a group of two or more employees for given projects or tasks
- Supervise efforts and provides technical guidance on complex issues
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
- You have several years of related experience in an aircraft service facility with a couple in progressive supervisory experience working in Aviation Services Industry
- You hold a Bachelor's degree in Business or Aviation Management or equivalent experience
- You have the computer skills necessary to learn and/or operate word processing, spreadsheet, database, email, and web-based applications
- You have working knowledge of FAA and Federal Aviation Requirements
- You have working knowledge of process improvement methodology and application (e.g., Six Sigma)
- You have working knowledge of customer's needs from a service center
- Working knowledge of airline operations and flight schedule issues
- You have a thorough knowledge of planning and scheduling systems
- You have a thorough knowledge of aircraft maintenance programs
- You have a thorough knowledge of data security systems as required by assigned site
- You possess business writing skills necessary to create various reports and correspondence
- Your verbal and written English communication skills are strong
- You have the planning and organizational skills necessary to prioritize, assign, and coordinate workload of assigned area and employees within a multiple project setting
- You have the interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, employees, management, and contractors
- You have previous Business Process Reengineering (BPR) experience, desired
- You have project management training, an asset
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone.
Join us at NA
Your ideas move people.