the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Aerospace is seeking an experienced Material Handler (Incoming Goods Inspector) for its new Service Centre located at the London Biggin Hill Airport, United Kingdom.
The London Service Centre will join an award winning Network of wholly-owned Bombardier Business Aircraft Service Centres; as well as a line maintenance station in Nice.
In your role you will,
- Adhere to Bombardiers Maintenance Organization Procedures, among which the relevant parts of the MOE, applicable work instructions and especially environmental and safety procedures
- Attend morning meetings and pro-actively inform the team about constraints
- Determine priority items to ensure timely handling of incoming and outgoing parts, e.g. handling AOG items first
- Receive / visually inspect all incoming and outgoing materials for physical damage and appropriate documentation, including provisions for properly inspecting electrostatic sensitive components
- Inspect and identify received tools and equipment and enter tooling in the tooling program
- Ensure rejected tools and parts (among which suspected unapproved parts) are quarantined and labeled, and that the Buyer Planner is informed about the discrepant condition, so corrective action shall be initiated
- Accept aircraft components and materials in accordance with SAP
- Ensure that all material certificates are properly filed and materials are properly stored, and that material is kept linked to the supplier source
- Issue approved parts, materials, special tooling and ground support equipment to the maintenance department that is accompanied with the appropriate documentation
- Ensure that outgoing materials are placed on the right customer account
- Maintain accurate inventory (via cycle counts, perpetual, work-in-progress) using computerized / manual systems to include purchased parts, manufactured parts, materials, tools, etc.
- Ensure that material is removed from store before it will expire
- Preparation of picked items prior to aircraft input and the issuance to the Project Responsible/Certifying Staff upon arrival
- Monitor special tooling to ensure all issued tooling is within its calibration period
- Removal of special tooling from its location in advance of its calibration date
- Monitor inventory levels of consumables and report findings to the Buyer Planner to replenish such stocks
- Monitor cores to ensure they are returned to the vendor in a timely manner
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in stores
- Perform other duties as assigned
As our ideal candidate,
- You possess your BTEC Level 3 or equivalent
- You have previous experience in aviation or material/parts environment
- You have the ability to multi-task
- You have a valid Driver's License
- You have the ability to work under pressure
- You have knowledge on, and practicing of, human factors, human performance and limitations
- You have computer skills necessary to learn and/or operate word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, email, and web-based applications
- You have "Airfreight Security Employee" training
- You have "Road Transport/Awareness ADR" (Dangerous Goods) training
- You have "Incoming Goods Inspector" training
- You have basic knowledge of aircraft parts and terminology
- You have previous experience with SAP
- You have basic knowledge on applicable officially recognized Dutch/European regulations, being EASA Part-145, PGS-15, ADR, IATA category 7/8
- You are Forklift qualified
- You have export shipping experience
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone.
Join us at NA
Your ideas move people.