BOMBARDIER the evolution of mobility|
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Aerospace is seeking an experienced Project Manager for its new Service Centre located at the London Biggin Hill Airport, United Kingdom.
The London Service Centre will join an award winning Network of wholly-owned Bombardier Business Aircraft Service Centres; as well as a line maintenance station in Nice.
In your role you will,
Oversea the execution of all maintenance work packages for assigned aircraft, and serve as a primary point-to-contract for customers.
- Be responsible for all technicians on shift and supervises assigned certifying staff
- Work in close cooperation with the Operations Manager
- Perform supervisory responsibilities for assigned employees and area(s), for example, PMP, and noticing opportunities for professional development and training
- Serve as customer primary point-of-contact in communicating, coordinating, and follow-up on commitments and items such as time/labor/material quotes, preliminary invoices, progress updates, customer approval and debrief on work packages, resolution of squawks, and warranty issues
- Plan for sufficient competent personnel, in order to execute the dynamic 3 months production schedule (hangar and AOG) as discussed with the Operations Manager, and ensure all maintenance activities are performed conform scheduling.
- Coordinate vacation/time off
- Monitor work in progress for multiple aircraft: ensure adequate supervision is applied to each work project, support Project Responsible/Certifying Staff who manage the project, identify potential risks and manage constraints
- Monitor and oversee work flow to ensure work package is on schedule and within budget.
- Ensure quality standards are met and safety requirements are fulfilled: work shall be performed in accordance with the Maintenance Organization Exposition / Quality Manual, Work Place Instructions, EASA regulations and other regulations (e.g. environmental or labor law) as needed
- Facilitate status meetings with all Project Responsible/Certifying Staff working on projects; update daily reports on status of aircraft and report to the Operations Manager during the daily Stand-Up meeting Maintenance Projects.
- Escalate constraints that cannot be solved to the Operations Manager
- Support Certifying Staff in returning aircraft to service after maintenance
- Coordinate special programs together with Planning and the Project Responsible/Certifying Staff (i.e., Smart Parts, ESP, MSP, Honeywell, and Warranty
- Produce maintenance and other employee reports as assigned (i.e., IW72/CN41, shortage sheet/zoom, and payroll)
- Review, approve, and sign final customer invoice as needed, (i.e., review margin analysis, warranty negotiations, and revision of service orders (SVOs)
- Perform post work package activities, (i.e., customer follow-up calls, resolve customer issues after departure, review invoice and margins, set-up outsides sales for parts not received, and send parts/supplies to customer)
- Encourage and promote a safe work environment by supervising a safety/security program which includes operation of support equipment, aircraft systems, 5S, general housekeeping and lean manufacturing.
- Ensure that regular established safety/security audits are conducted and discrepancies are addressed
- Ensure occurrences are reported to the Operations Manager and the Quality Manager
- Maintain current training with respect to technical and supervisory skills by attending training classes, special technical and administration courses, seminars, exhibits and trade shows as necessary
- Coach, mentor and train direct reports on service center goals and quality expectations while providing technical assistance and support
- Assist in the development of management skills/leadership skills for direct reports
- Perform other duties as assigned.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a wealth of experience in performing aircraft heavy/line maintenance, which must include years in a supervisory or lead role
- You have EASA Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance License or equivalent
- You have knowledge on EWIS and CDCCL
- You have basic knowledge of applicable EASA Regulations, PART 145 and other regulation as needed
- You have basic knowledge of aircraft maintenance programs for business jet aircraft
- You have basic knowledge of aircraft maintenance inspection programs for business jet aircraft
- You have basic knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety rules, Human Factors, Human performance/-limitations, and regulations as they apply to safety and environmental aspects of aircraft maintenance operations
- You have interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, all levels of management team, and other departments
- You are skilled in Customer services necessary to modify communication, tone, and presentation to defuse crisis situations with internal and external customers and maintain mutually beneficial customer relations
- You have previous experience with business jet aircraft
- You have previous experience in Project Management
- You have the ability to use information systems (e.g. SAP, Pivotal)
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone.
Join us at NA
Your ideas move people.