the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Aerospace is seeking an experienced Material Supervisor for its new Service Centre located at the London Biggin Hill Airport, United Kingdom.
The London Service Centre will join an award winning Network of wholly-owned Bombardier Business Aircraft Service Centres; as well as a line maintenance station in Nice.
In your role you will,
- Oversee the timely acquisition and storage of parts, materials and tooling needed to service customer aircraft
- Supervise and coach the Buyer Planners and well as the Store Handlers.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors
- Adhere to Bombardiers Maintenance Organization Procedures, among which the relevant parts of the MOE and applicable work instructions
- P erform supervisor responsibilities and recommend related actions, for example, hire/fire, disciplinary actions, PMP, training and certifications, work assignments, scheduling vacation, and monitoring attendance
- R eport information on a scheduled basis to the Operations Manager, for example: performance metrics concerning purchasing, material status including shortages, reports concerning inbound, in house and outbound material and assets
- Review, revise, and/or develop processes and guidelines in support of Buyer Planner and Store Handler functions
- Perform vendor selection for aircraft parts, components, material, and/or related service. Negotiate issues (e.g. price, delivery, quality, and quantity) and conclude contracts and Service Level Agreements (SLA's) with suppliers, vendors and carriers
- Obtain required documents (e.g. Part-145 approval) for initial and recurrent approval on the Approved Suppliers List (ASL). Approve suppliers and send relevant information to the BBD SQM Department to set up vendors in SAP
- Measure the suppliers' performance and perform a yearly re-evaluation of the approved suppliers based on their performance
- Monitor and escalate any material related delivery issues to the Project Manager that will have an impact on the timely maintenance and aircraft return to service and discuss the solution/actions to address the shortage.
- C oordinate with other departments to resolve problems concerning delivery, component discrepancies, and lead times with internal and external suppliers
- Perform a Stand-Up meeting Material Management with all functions of the Materials Department. Inform all involved concerning AOG's and due-date/time during this stand-up meeting in Stores, and monitor the progress of the deliveries
- Attend the Stand-Up meeting Maintenance Projects, and raise constraints if necessary
- Monitor parked invoice discrepancies in relation to errors and payment issues, and resolve these with the Buyer Planner on a timely basis
- In conjunction with Parts Services, monitor and manage inventory levels of aircraft components and locally for consumables
- Perform tasks as Buyer Planner, if feasible. Understand that when also carrying out tasks as Buyer Planner, such tasks should not be undertaken when incompatible with the Supervisor responsibilities
- Ensure the temperature/humidity levels in the stores are not exceeded.
- Ensure proper demolishing of scrapped parts
- Ensure that tooling and equipment is available and is maintained to the defined standard
- Ensure dangerous goods are handled and stored in accordance with the applicable regulations
- Ensure Material Handlers maintain good housekeeping practices in stores.
- Perform other duties as assigned
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
- You have a bachelor's degree (or work level) in Purchasing and/or Inventory Management
- You have several years of experience in purchasing, warehouse, stockroom, and/or material handling role
- You have experience in managing third parties involved in maintenance activity
- You have Basic knowledge of aircraft parts and terminology
- You have knowledge on, and practicing of, human factors, human performance and limitations
- You have knowledge of and experience with logistics processes
- You have knowledge on EWIS and CDCCL when relevant (e.g. tooling requirements)
- You have the computer skills necessary to learn and/or operate word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, email, and web-based applications
- You have planning and organizational skills necessary to prioritize, assign, and coordinate workload of assigned area and employees within a multiple project setting
- You have interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of individuals, departments, customers, vendors, and management
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken)
- You have basic knowledge on applicable officially recognized Dutch/European regulations, being EASA Pa rt-145, PGS-15, ADR, IATA category 7/8
- You have training in 'Airfreight Security Employee
- You have training in ' Road Transport/Awareness ADR' (Dangerous Goods)
- You have previous experience with SAP
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone.
Join us at NA
Y our ideas move people.