With its headquarters in Berlin, Germany and with 63 production & engineering sites in 26 countries, 18 global service centres, and a rolling stock installed base exceeding 100.000 rail cars worldwide, Bombardier Transportation is the global leader in rail industry. |
We cover full spectrum of rail solutions - from complete trains to sub-systems, maintenance services, system integration and signalling. We offer the broadest portfolio in rail industry while also being highly dedicated to delivering ingenious products and services for better and more sustainable ways to move the world.
Join us in changing the way people move around the world by applying for our exciting role:
Senior Project Manager - IT Projects
The position will be located in our new IT Hub in Katowice (Poland), will be part of Group IS and will report to the Head of IS Project Management.
We offer you the chance to (re)invent mobility together while also the once in a life time opportunity for an IT professional to be part of a major IS / IT transformation.
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
This role manages cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined IT projects. The Senior Project Manager defines, plans, organizes, monitors and oversees one or more projects in the same time to meet defined business requirements.
He/she takes the lead throughout the full life-cycle of the project(s) by identifying resources, working closely with the project core team and other teams, and by managing all involved stakeholders.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND CHALLENGES
- Determines project goals and priorities with management program lead and project sponsors or other involved stakeholders;
- Sets and functionally coordinates the core project team to meet project milestones and for a successful project delivery;
- Determines project and team performance KPIs, and provides performance input to team members' functional managers;
- Co-creates the project charter including the definition of completion criteria;
- Organizes the work into manageable activity clusters (phases) and determines an effective approach to completing the work;
- Analyses risks, establishes contingency plans and initiates project mitigating actions;
- Analyses the actual performance against the plan and makes adjustments consistent with plan and business objectives;
- Manages change to preserve business commitments and initiates review actions if objectives must change;
- Reassess and amends the scope of work, budget and timeline;
- Manages relationships with all project stakeholders, including internal and external clients, vendors and authorities;
- Main project interface in meetings with external consultants or departmental and senior management;
- Gain acceptance and sign-off by all parties when project closure is attained;
Together with the Project Controller
- Prepares and obtains management approval on the detailed project plan;
- Tracking and reporting on progress to plan, costs, schedule reporting and change control;
- Manages the financial aspects of the project: budgeting, estimate to actual variance, capital project management, justify project costs and/or budget deviations;
- Oversees project documentation and ensures implementation of PMF and/or other specific standards and processes;
- Continuous development and improvement of the ongoing project activities.
YOUR EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- 8 years of relevant experience in IT Project Management;
- Proven record of leading several full-cycle major IT projects, preferably in the field of SAP, and/or PLM applications (Engineering);
- Excellent technical knowledge and hand-on experience with Project Management tools and methodologies (a PMP / PMI / Prince 2 certification will be nice to have);
- Expertise with mapping IT related business requirements and translating them into Project Plans, Project Schedules and associated project materials / documentation;
- Project portfolio with both, purchased and in-house developed HW and SW applications;
- Outstanding stakeholders management (at all levels and onshore/offshore), very strong drive and excellent ability to reach tangible results in a complex governance environment;
- Availability to travel about 25% of the working time (mainly within Europe but not only);
- BSc / MSc in Information Technology, Engineering, a combination of these 2 or other relevant / related. Fluent English while German / French / Spanish / Italian will be a plus.
Why Work for Us?
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative.
You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
Do you recognize yourself in the description? If so, apply now online with your letter of motivation as well as your detailed CV in English.
Join us! Your ideas will move people.
For more information about our projects and products or if you want to 'meet' with our global recruiting team, please join our career groups on LinkedIn or visit our careers website: company website