|Job Ref:||1615341||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||India||City:||Mumbai||Address:||Post Date:||06/10/2016 22:11|
1. Purpose of the Job|
To supervise and manage the technical support function for FireClass and Simplex Fire alarm Panels so as to provide the Company’s customers with regular training programs, prompt technical support, technical updates and application assistance on all current and discontinued products. Provide clear direction, effective decision making and a pro-active “can do” approach. Maintain & promote the companies key objective of providing high quality professional and on time customer service and support at all times.
1. Principle Responsibilities
• Set up a structured technical support program with the appropriate level of expertise and coverage in order to provide on time, right first time, assistance to our customers.
• Set up structured training schedules, on a 6 month rolling cycle, to be carried out within the region.
• Set up training programs for indirect customers such as specifiers, end users so that they can learn from JCI the latest technologies, regulatory updates and best practices.
• Keep records of all trained participants along with a ID number that can be used on tech calls and bulletins etc. Ensure that regular training updates are carried out at least every two years.
• Liaison with other departments to ensure that technical queries are addressed appropriately and promptly and that up-to-date information is passed to customers
• Be proficient in all aspects of the products sold by the company and make sure that all support materials, demonstration and test equipment are held locally.
• In conjunction with ME & Asia Marketing provide input into technical bulletins, manuals, “tips & tricks” and other publications so as to provide regular communication to the customers technical teams as appropriate.
• To keep up-to-date with new and existing standards and legislation, such UL 864, NFPA, BS, LPCB, EN54 etc.
• Verify and test all new products/software releases locally prior to release in the region and ensure that all training programs are up to date to reflect the latest product lines.
• Create a demonstration and training facility within the region. Ensure that the facility provides the appropriate learning environment for all trainees. Maintain all equipment in good working order ensuring that all product updates have been implemented.
• Visit key customers on a regular basis to ascertain their technical needs, review training requirements and make sure that they are fully conversant with the company’s latest products; relevant to them.
• Provide input into the various NPI processes.
• Off-site support for technical troubleshooting and support of commissioning
3. Principal Networks & Contact Links
• Technical Services Manager
• Sales Director
• Other JCI brands sales teams
• Customer service & finance
• Technical engineers
• Other JCI functional leaders and sales teams
• Finance, Customer Service, Marketing
• Distributors; existing and potential
• Contractors, Developers & End Users
• Local approval authorities
• Trade associations
4. Budgetary Responsibilities
5. Geographic Scope & Travel Requirements
• Scope: South Asia regional travel as required to fulfil the role
6. Key Performance Measures & Metrics
• Full year round training schedule
• Reducing the overall call rate per customer over a sustained period.
• Timely resolution to customer field issues
• Achievement of departments annual G&O’s.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree or NA or in a related engineering field.