|Job Ref:||136977BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Cardiff||Address:||Post Code:||CF10||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:59|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Transport Planner to join our Development Planning team in our centrally located Cardiff office, which forms part of our South West team comprising of offices in Cardiff, Plymouth and Bristol.
Our South West team provides transport planning and highway engineering support to private and public sector clients from concept through to implementation. Our wide range of private and public clients includes developers, retailers, land owners, house builders, blue chip companies, Universities and numerous Local Authorities. A selection of our current and recent projects includes:
• Numerous appraisals, transport assessments and travel plans for mixed-use, retail, commercial, educational and residential developments.
• Highways infrastructure projects associated with S278 works from a range of developments.
• Travel planning advice for universities, hospital trusts and developers.
• Strategic land use appraisals and strategic masterplanning advice for developers, local authorities and government agencies on key strategic development schemes.
• Provision of technical support to Local Authorities from the office and as part of secondment team working.
As a Senior Transport Planner your key responsibilities will include:
• Preparation of transport assessments, travel plans and other documents.
• Complete junction and spreadsheet modelling and other transport related activities.
• Taking a lead role on transport planning projects.
• Assuming responsibility for the preparation of transport planning reports, plans and technical notes.
• Representing AECOM at technical meetings.
• Overseeing data collection and undertaking site visits as appropriate.
• Data handling and manipulation using MS Office products.
• Preparing supporting drawings and diagrams.
• Preparing bids and tenders.
• Overseeing, supporting and reviewing the work of junior members of staff and their professional development.
• Input into designs for traffic and infrastructure networks related to new developments.
• Project / caseload management capabilities.
• The ability and willingness to contribute to the company objective of expanding transport planning services.
• Proven experience in the preparation of development related transport assessments, with some wider experience in policy implementation, modelling and technical design.
• Demonstrable ability to manage transport planning commissions including the production of transport planning reports and technical notes.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to communicate well at all levels.
• Excellent numerical, analytical and problem solving skills.
• High level of competence in the use of MS Office products (including Excel and Word).
• High level of competence in using at least one or more relevant transport modelling packages e.g. Junctions (ARCADY/PICADY), LINSIG, TRANSYT etc.
• Ability to work unsupervised, both leading and/or within a project team.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts and provide a level of supervision to more junior staff.
• A degree in an analytical subject such as engineering, geography, mathematics, economics or similar.
• Post graduate qualification in transportation, planning or a related subject would be beneficial.
• Ideally Chartered with a relevant institution (e.g. CIHT) or close to gaining Chartered status.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.