|Job Ref:||018812||Employer:||Petrofac Limited||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Algeria||City:||Algiers||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 01:00|
1. Scope of Responsibilities |
Manages all activities for post award contractual, legal and commercial issues related to:
(i) Subcontracts with Subcontractors;
(ii) Overseeing the commercial function for Subcontracts with Subcontractors;
(iii) Ensure compliance with commercial procedures and that best practice is established, and
promote continual improvement to protect Company's commercial position;
(iv) Ensure there are adequate commercial resources within the commercial team to meet the
needs of the project(s);
(v) Ensure all commercial team members have clear roles, responsibilities, accountability and
established authority levels;
(vi) Proactively work with each project to understand current commercial issues and provide
guidance and direction on commercial matters to achieve a satisfactory resolution of all
(vii) Partake and lead where applicable in the Risk and Opportunity review process including,
identification, mitigation and management of contractual/legal risks;
(viii) Manage and guide commercial staff on all aspects of post award commercial matters
including but not limited to: claims analysis/ management /strategy
2. Primary Duties
• Support and manage all activities related to administration of Subcontracts including risk
identification, risk mitigation and risk management during the post award stage.
• Supervise and direct Deputy Manager/Contract Engineers/Contracts Administrators and other
commercial functions as required.
• Participate as a member of Risk and Opportunity Review Committee.
• Support Senior Manager Contracts in the initiation and preparation of variations and claims to/from
Subcontractors. Defend, negotiate and resolve claims raised. Advise Senior Manager Contracts and
Project Management on compiling supporting documents for potential claims, prepare advance
defence for issues that are likely to evolve during execution phase.
• Assist, evaluate and advise Senior Manager Contracts, Project Directors/Project Managers on
contractual conflicts and claims with Subcontractors. In the event of a dispute, advise on the
company's position, information required in defense of or in pursuance of such.
• To review on a regular basis, company's position after evaluating reports received from the project
team in respect of discrepancies, anomalies, risk and opportunities and take necessary action.
• Assists and Manages all activities related to contractual, legal, tax, commercial and insurance issues
related to subcontracts during the post award stage.
• Ensures that the key contract terms and conditions are presented and understood by the Project
Management and Commercial Team upon award of the Contract and also ensure that a proper
handover takes place from the pre award team.
• Participates in interfacing / interaction with Company's corporate dispute management team in
support of the Senior Manager Contracts.
• Responsible in ensuring implementation and adherence to HSE and Quality System Procedures
during the post award stage.
• Attend/support internal and external audits as required.
• Responsible to develop and monitor relevant Commercial KPI's.
• Any other duty as directed by the Senior Manager Contracts.
3. Job/Cost Impact
• Responsible in ensuring that the commercial terms of all contracts are implemented correctly in the
best interest of the Company;
• Responsible in ensuring timely submission of contractual inputs and notices so as not to affect
Company's recovery or defensive position.
4. Decision Making Authority
• Partakes in key decisions on administration of post award activities which may affect Company
through to conclusion of a Project.