|Job Ref:||018814||Employer:||Petrofac Limited||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Arab Emirates||City:||Sharjah||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 01:00|
1. Scope of Responsibilities |
Directs and manages all activities related to contractual, legal and commercial issues related to:
(i) Contracts with Clients;
(ii) Partnering agreements with potential partners;
(iii) Support any strategic initiative required for Company's operations/Business Acquisition;
(iv) Exclusivity/tie-up arrangements with vendors/subcontractors, including, contractual terms and
conditions with key potential vendors/subcontractors;
(v) Risk review process including, identification, mitigation and management of contractual/legal
during pre-qualification and bidding stage, and until award of the Contract.
2. Primary Duties
• Support decision-making at Company level in conjunction with executive management in strategic
decisions and contracts risk identification, risk mitigation and risk management during the prequalification
and bidding stage.
• Participate as member of Risk Review Committee.
• Supervises all activities related to contractual, legal, tax, commercial and insurance issues related to company business, contracts with clients and partnering agreements during the pre-qualification and bidding stage.
• Performs studies and evaluations for streamlining Company's operations from a
commercial/contractual point of view during the pre-qualification and bidding stage.
• Provide guidance regarding due diligence on potential partners / Clients (as required).
• Provide guidance regarding legal diligence in new jurisdictions.
• Provide advice on legal issues affecting the Company's business, during the pre-qualification and bidding stage.
• Ensure that the key contract terms and conditions are presented to the Project Management Team upon award of the Contract and also ensure that a proper handover takes place of the documentation involved with such Contract during bidding stage to the Project Contracts Team.
• Provide guidance to Procurement Department for resolution of major deviations from Vendors to the terms and conditions of Purchase of Goods and Site Services.
• Provide guidance on any interface / interaction with Group Legal and external law firms during prequalification and bidding stage.
• Responsible in ensuring implementation and adherence to HSE and Quality System Procedures during pre-qualification and bidding stage.
• Attend/support internal and external audits.
• Provide guidance to develop and monitor relevant Commercial KPI's.
• Mentor and develop Pre-bid Commercial and Contracts team including advice on suitable training programs for all personnel in the team.
3. Job/Cost Impact
• Responsible for ensuring that the commercial terms of all proposals are compliance with the Company's risk management processes;
• Responsible for ensuring timely conclusion of partnering agreements;
• Responsible for ensuring timely conclusion of contracts with Client;
• Responsible for ensuring timely submission of contractual inputs for technical /commercial
4. Decision Making Authority
• Key decisions on drafting, formulation, negotiation and conclusion of Contracts, Partnership and other Agreements during the pre-qualification and tendering stage.
5. Supervisory Responsibility
• Senior Manager - Contracts / Manager - Contracts
• Senior Legal Advisor / Legal Advisor
• Deputy Manager - Contracts