|Job Ref:||2016-12292||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Canada||County/State:||British Columbia||City:||Terrace||Address:||Post Date:||06/10/2016 05:00|
Geotechnical Engineer - Terrace B.C.|
Job ID: 2016-12292
Area of Interest: EN - Geotechnical Engineering, Soil and Rock Mechanics
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelors Degree
Posted Date: 6/21/2016
Experience (Years): 8
SLP: J2WCIVILCONST, J2WENVIRONMENT, J2WGEOTECH, J2WPROJECTS
Immediate opportunities available in the Terrace Office of Golder Associates for a Geotechnical Engineer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a variety of civil/geotechnical engineering projects with a focus on site characterization, natural hazards assessment and geotechnical engineering for land development, municipal infrastructure, mining, Oil and Gas, and transportation projects.
* In addition to managing projects and providing technical leadership in geotechnical projects and tasks, including the development and implementation of geotechnical field and laboratory programs, the incumbent will be expected to provide senior technical review and mentorship to junior and intermediate staff, and work with other members of the Office and BC Region in a business development and marketing role. While the primary focus will be on civil and geotechnical projects, opportunities will exist to work with other disciplines and offices throughout the BC Region.
* Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in geotechnical or civil engineering;
* 8 years minimum of direct consulting engineering experience working on foundation engineering and seismic design projects;
* Experience in problem solving with industry standard commercial computer software including GEOSLOPE Office, LPILE, etc;
* Experience with, or aptitude for, business development and proposal writing;
* Experience in preparing proposals and design work packages in response to client needs;
* Ability to manage projects according to client-approved scopes of work, and deliver high quality reports on time and within budget;
* Must be, or eligible to, register as a professional engineer in the Province of British Columbia;
* Strong technical skills;
* Excellent communication skills (both oral and written); and
* Strong people skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
Our Staff Benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
* Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From more than 180 offices worldwide, our over 8000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.