Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||AD321034||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Durham||Address:||Post Code:||DH1||Salary:||£ 38,000 - £ 45,000 per year, Car Allowance & Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 00:27|
Looking for a new career challange here in the North East? We have a key national client who are looking to add a Quantity Surveyor to their growing commercial team. Reporting into the Managing QS, you will be joining a business that is genuinely going from strength to strength, who have secured all of their workload for 2016 and 2017, who are set to grow further from a £40m 2015 turnover, and who are passionate about evolving into the the most respected housebuilder in the UK.|
Duties will include the following but are not limited to:
* Measure material/quantities required for site by analysing drawing
* Liaise with subcontractors for quotations
* Compare prices from different elements of the work
* Prepare subcontract payments with current contracts and final accounts/ check retention value
* Pass quotation costs to Quantity Surveyor for authorisation, approval or feedback
* Adhere to budgets and source quotations which provide best value and best quality
* Monitor and review quotations and costs and where necessary negotiate with subcontractors to secure best value and best quality
* Liaise with subcontractors on site work issues
* Visit site to observe progress of works including recording any subcontract issues
Previous experience in a similar role for a main contractor or developer within house construction would be an added advantage.
Feel free to get in touch with Ciaran in our Newcastle office if you wish to find out more.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Quantity Surveyor Newcastle Construction Health Education
qualification BSc Quantity Surveying