|Job Ref:||00015364||Employer:||Oxy||Industry:||Environmental||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Dallas||Address:||Post Date:||09/10/2016 01:01|
Contribute. Grow. Lead...with Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem). Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people. |
OxyChem is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda - key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem's market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced Industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Manager - Air Programs located in Dallas, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
This position is responsible for ensuring and improving company/facility compliance with Air related environmental laws and regulations through program/procedural development and training, as well as direct mentoring of facility personnel.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Provide leadership to the organization in the identification, development and implementation of areas of focus to promote continuous improvement in the Air Program.
• Negotiate air permit provisions, both renewal and modifications for expanded/new facilities, with regulatory agencies to obtain timely and cost effective results.
• Review and evaluate capital projects to determine permitting implications.
• Develop strategies for and negotiate resolution of specific air related compliance issues.
• Participate on facility audit teams and assist facilities in responding to audit action items, and provide regulatory assistance to facilities to improve processes and documentation to demonstrate compliance.
• Participate on Industry association committees responsible for air related issues. Assess the impact of proposed regulatory and legislative changes on our products and operations and prepare comments on behalf of the company to ensure company position is represented.
• Identify and communicate potential environmental risks in both existing and new business undertakings.
• Initiate special projects to anticipate and/or respond to air related regulatory issues, e.g. Ozone NAAQS, emission reduction credits, MACT Standards, modeling secondary particulate material formation, etc.
• Provide technical expertise to management, facilities and other Oxy divisions where an air related issue is expected to have a significant impact. Integrate air quality management planning with water and waste management programs to assure consistency, manage overlaps and address conflicting requirements.
• In support of HES&S Department communications, prepare and submit relevant information for the company annual Social Responsibility (SR) reports and to support company advocacy efforts. This includes emissions summaries, energy intensity, TRI reporting and related release reductions, including those related to process changes at operating facilities.
• Provide periodic training on Air related topics.
• Accept and manage other responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Chemical and related Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Science, or equivalent
• 10 or more years overall environmental air experience required
• Must have functional computer skills
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Open to future relocation
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status