|Job Ref:||27447BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Missouri||City:||Kansas City||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 01:01|
Lead the Operations function for infraManagement Group (iMG) . Assist the Business Development team in acquiring new clients and engagements and driving all aspects of operations for current projects. Develop processes and techniques to improve operations and project delivery and screen opportunities. Assist in developing marketable service offerings. Provide input on the strategic plans for the organization. Utilize capabilities exhibiting thought leadership. Provide technical and industry knowledge. Perform job responsibilities with minimal oversight. |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for directing project delivery and operational aspects for projects and managing operational support aspects for the company. Operational areas may include functions such as administration, budgets, quality improvement, business excellence, business development support, staffing and operations resource management, working with other divisions to source talent, operations strategy, safety, project gross margin (PGM) delivery, supporting strategic business growth, establishing best practices, policies and procedures, and staff training and development. Ensures policies, procedures and processes are effectively developed, implemented, and communicated, as applicable.
Other duties include
• Manage set-up, implementation and execution of projects associated with iMG contracts. This includes management of O&M contracts, project staff, establishment of asset management policies procedures and successful execution of the project to the established budget and key performance indicators (KPI's).
• Help prepare new business capture strategies and work with Business Development Director to prepare execution plan to present to the Board of Managers (BoM)
• Collaborate with the iMG's Business Development Director to organize proposal, due diligence and execution support
• Understand financial statements as they apply to both internal company financials as well as potential clients finances. Use information presented in client financial statements to interpret and convey to the management of the company regarding potential opportunities in the market. Assist in screening opportunities and manage monthly inputs into B&V's customer relationship management tool (CRM).
Duties as part of iMG Management team:
• Collaborate on development and capture of Public Private Partnerships and performance contracting platforms;
• Collaborate on iMG budget management;
• Collaborate on Strategy Planning process;
• Collaborate on the annual budget planning process;
• Actively participate in quarterly Board of Managers meetings;
• Provide weekly report to COO and support monthly reporting to President;
• Present at conferences and produce white papers and case studies on P3 and Performance Contracting;
• Collaborate in selling a "ONE B&V" solution to clients
Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience. Master's degree preferred.
• Has successfully managed multiple engagements simultaneously.
• Contributor or leader to acquire new engagements.
• Business development of 5+ years preferred.
• Typically 12-15+ years in Water and Wastewater or Energy industries.
Preferred Job Qualifications
Will consider candidates with less than 12 years total experience.
• Proven experience in a project management or operational support role building new business or operations in a large organization, while working in a small team
• Demonstrated track record in delivery of projects to schedule and Budget
• Strong client management skills demonstrated through building close relationships and remaining involved to resolve issues and avoid disputes
• Demonstrated ability to work with other divisions to support delivery of a project
• Strong negotiation skills
• Business Acumen
• Building Effective Teams
• Comfort Around Higher Management
• Drive for Results
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females