|Job Ref:||CA_37070||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Post Date:||12/10/2016 01:02|
Purpose of Role
We are seeking 2 OLE Foundations and Steel Supervisors to join our North West Electrification Programme in Greater Manchester to lead and direct a team of construction engineering staff in the delivery of OHL schemes of work, ensuring all works are planned, delivered and completed to standard, on time and within budget. To promote an environment of best practise and safety lead, providing a focal point to both internal and external customers. Provide close liaison between project engineering staff and customer/client.
• Liaise with Project Engineers/Design Engineers/Construction Managers to ensure all elements of OHL works are delivered in line with scope.
• Maintain effective communication and good relationships with staff and customers at all levels within the organisation.
• Hold Weekly Plan Do Review Meetings, ensuring best practice/lessons learnt are implemented.
• Define clear objectives for team to achieve technical and quality standards and financial targets of the Scheme.
• Ensure all staff are adequately trained for the tasks being undertaken.
• Identify and develop opportunities for improvement in safety, effective-working practices, productivity and quality standards.
• Maintain good industrial relations through effective consultation and negotiation, implementing disciplinary procedures for serious staff irregularities in order to maintain a well-motivated and disciplined workforce.
• Produce and submit verbal and written shifts reports on performance of scheme.
• Ensure all required method statements are briefed and adhered to in order that works can be delivered safely.
• Ensure all staff hold the relevant certification and competence to undertake roles, and that SCW documentation is in place and in date.
• Attend and represent the E&P Projects group at any required meetings.
• Responsible for ensuring that OHL equipment is installed in accordance with design and standards.
• On-call responsibilities.
Additional Role Information
Qualifications & Requirements
• Ideally OLEC 1, / 2, /3
• Drivers License